This Page

has been moved to new address

Life as I know it...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Life as I know it...

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

2.16.2011

Life as I know it...

I thought I would have all of this free time on my hands once I was done with school.
Not so much.
This sweet little baby that has me wrapped around his finger is kind of a spoiled little pill.
He needs me to constantly hold him or at the very least be in arms reach these past couple of weeks. When I put him down in bed he cries like he is in immense pain and it doesn't stop until I pick him up...then it's all squeals and smiles.
So that's been fun!
I am a little bit grateful for this though...he is my last after all, and being 'forced' to hold and snuggle him all day and night...well it's not all bad!
The dishes, laundry, crafting and to do list may be ever growing, but at least I know I am getting my daily dose of baby slobber kisses. :)

My other child problem this week is with this little angel...with whom I rarely have a problem.
She is usually peaches and cream with extra sugar on top.
These last 2 weeks though, she is giving me all sorts of grief with her school work.
I love that I get to home school her and with her doing online work, it has made it easier to spend time with all of my kids and still be able to help her when she needs it.
She is super smart and can fly through her lessons, but she just wants to skip right to the tests and quizzes and just not do any of the assignments, unless she needs to hand them in.
Well I want her to do the assignments so that she gets writing practice, and math practice and such, and we have been butting heads constantly over it.
Her piano teacher also wants her to say her letter notes out loud while she plays, and she just doesn't want to.
The grief that I am getting from this sweet one is making me CRAZY!
Yesterday she cried for half an hour saying she didn't know what 4 + 1 was-because she didn't want to do the speed math sheet I gave her.
I wanted to throw her through a window...of course that low one we talked about. :)

It's amazing how kids that drive me so absolutely nuts-completely have my heart isn't it?

Current Sponsors:
Canvas People 40% off & Free Shipping on Any Size Canvas
Melissa & Doug Quality Educational Toys & Children's Products
Barnes & Noble Free ebooks with purchase of a Nook
Shabby Apple Dresses & Accessories for all Occasions
Tiny Prints Stylish, Modern & Unique Stationery
Glasses USA Smartest Way to buy Prescription Glasses
Your Ad Here! Click for Details

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

cute baby! It can be nice when they "force" you to snuggle :)

Thu Feb 17, 06:40:00 AM

 
Blogger Stephani said...

Ooh, as a piano teacher, thank you for (attempting to) making your daughter say the notes out loud! I can't tell you how many students that it would help, but the parents are not involved with piano practice more than a nightly "Did you practice piano today?"
Saying the letters really helps them to be easier to remember later.

Keep up the great work of being a mom!

Thu Feb 17, 06:44:00 AM

 
Blogger The Duckworth Family said...

lol, I laugh only because this is what I deal with nearly every day with all three! Acutally I probably only do school with Jayden 2 times a week (and the 2nd time only if we don't have preschool that week). YOU my dear have had it very easy in the past (the diligent child that gets herself up and does her own work)....welcome to REAL homeschooling. Get ready for it the next 10 years! it's kinda unfortunate isn't it that they would never argue with other people about these things (teachers in a public school/piano teachers) but if it's mom it's okay? Kinda odd to me...but then again I probably did it to my mom so I deserve it right? And you are right...enjoy that baby while he's a baby! I cant' wait for mine to arrive. I have missed having a tiny one to hold!

OH! And I have been meaning to call you! I have some crocheted hats and diaper covers that I have been wanting to try on some newborns. If you come across any that need pictures taken, feel free to hollar to borrow them! But there are no guarantee's that they will fit...that's my problem! I haven't had any newbie's to try them on!
Keep up the good work momma!
(oh and I told Maliyah that I have this friend with a girl her age that homeschools and we should get together...I think we should)

Thu Feb 17, 06:17:00 PM

 
Blogger Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

what a cutie!! I remember those "I'll scream unless you pick me up" days!!! they are hard, but very sweet.

Sun Feb 20, 06:28:00 PM

 
Blogger Vicky said...

I was saying the same thing to my mom about my daughter. My mom told me that one day I will blink and she will be too grown up to sleep with me or snuggle me. Enjoy it because it doesn't last forever (and a new puppy just isn't the same). Besides, that face is way too hard to resist.

Tue Mar 01, 01:45:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home