This Page

has been moved to new address

Things I love-this a one...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Things I love-this a one...

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

1.20.2011

Things I love-this a one...

Do you ever want to throw one of your kids out a window?
Of course, a bottom story one with a one foot drop and padding to catch him...of course I meant that...
Well I have that thought several times a day with this one...
Well, sure he's cute and funny in that picture with his sisters tutu on, chewing on a binky and snuggling a bear-but that was a good moment...let me enlighten you...

This kid says NO constantly.
This kid only listens to his dad...who isn't here most of the day.
Much like a dog with only one master.
This kid writes on everything no matter how high up I keep writing utensils...he finds them.
This kid screams like a banshee when things don't go his way...which is constantly.
This kid has no patience.
Zip.
Nada.
None.
This kid picks fight with his overly sensitive brother...just to make him cry.
This kid dumps out everything...just for kicks.
This kid stays up until past midnight...no matter what we do.
This kid mauls his baby brother...
All.
the.
time...
Well sure, this picture doesn't really show that. They both seem happy. Okay, okay, his baby brother doesn't always mind the mauling...but sometimes he does, and then I have a crying baby who was only moments before smiling and giggling.

He takes things at the store he wants...and throws them in the cart.
If you put them back, or say no-just get ready to be embarrassed...to no end.
I'm talking things thrown off the shelves at alarming rates, screaming at the top of his lungs, grabbing it anyway and running towards the doors.
Put him in the cart and buckle him down you say?
Fat chance.
He can undo those seat belts in a nano second and will stand up in the cart-and fall out if you don't catch him and let him down.
No discipline.
Zip.
Nada.
None.
Not that we don't try...constantly.
Well sure, he looks all sweet and innocent here. This doesn't really show how he is the other 95% of the day though.

This kid wrote the book on the terrible twos.
You do believe me...right?

Okay so during the other 5% of the day...
This kid gives the best cuddles.
This kid has the cutest dimples.
This kid says the funniest things.
This kid has fantastic manners when things do go his way...and his thank you's are so cute, you want to please him as much as possible.
No matter how naughty he is, you can't help but love him..you just have no control.
Zip.
Nada.
None.

I guess it's that other 5% of the day, when he is being sweet, funny, cute and a perfect little angel is why I don't throw him out the window huh?

Current Sponsors:
Tiny Prints Stylish, Modern & Unique Stationary
Glasses USA Smartest Way to buy Prescription Glasses
Stitches N' Giggles Online Fabric Store for the Fabric Addict
Stamp Crazy Lady Stampin' Up & Handmade Gifts
Pumpernickel Buttons Photography Southern Oregon Photographer
Your Ad Here! Click for Details

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Katie@a mom, a wife, and a me said...

You honestly just made my day... I have spent all week trying to refrain from tossing age 2 and 4 out the window! Like at the end of my rope, window open, curtins pulled back ready... then they hug me or talk to each other nicely and I cant be mad... im happy to know im not alone!

Thu Jan 20, 03:44:00 PM

 
Blogger The Dutch Girl said...

Well that, and the fact it is frowned upon I believe. It is a good thing toddlers are as cute as they are. It truly is their salvation...

Thu Jan 20, 04:50:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think anyone with children would have to agree with you at some point haha

Thu Jan 20, 04:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Tammy @ Type A said...

it will pass, trust me. my son connor is 6 and dang near perfect, and then there's my daughter Lo who will be lucky to turn 4. she sounds just like your son, and finally i can say (she started at 11 months) she is good 95% of the day. i stopped taking her with me, i just got a baby sitter. my hubby is in afghanistan. and this might not score me any mom points, but she gets spanks when she's earned them. hang in there.

Thu Jan 20, 05:11:00 PM

 
Blogger JC's Loft said...

OMG I actually laughed out loud while reading this and then I had to explain to my husband why I was laughing who didn't find it funny as I hahahha

My 5 year old acted like this when he was about 2-3, ok maybe until he was like 4. He started kindergarten this year and it was like...POOF...he's a little man. You'll get through it, maybe put bars on your window just so you are not tempted LOL

Paula

Thu Jan 20, 05:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Nerd Mama said...

I love honest mom talk like this. I have a feisty one, too. She's 14 months old but precocious. She threw her first full-body, bang her head on the floor tantrum at five months when she could barely crawl. She hits and bites and scratches and screams, she sleeps in our bed because she won't sleep at all otherwise, and on top of her natural temper she has had reflux and is a slow teether so she's always cranky. But she also blows the sweetest kisses, gives the very best hugs, has the cutest giggles and belly laughs, and likes to help me carry clean diapers from the laundry room to the nursery. I do love my firecracker.

Thu Jan 20, 07:05:00 PM

 
Blogger *erin* said...

That was the best post ever. I am also a mommy of a 2 year old who feels like my kid is the only one in the world with a temper of an animal. Thanks for reminding me I'm not alone. LOL

Thu Jan 20, 11:21:00 PM

 
Blogger Mamarazzi said...

he is a cutie...even with the naughty bits it is good that you remember that he is a HUGE blessing!

Fri Jan 21, 04:20:00 AM

 
Blogger Amber Sheaves said...

Okay, you seriously could be talking about my #2. If he was my first he might have been an only. The kid is something else. But I like to think he is getting it all out of his system now so when he is older he'll be perfect!!! (yes, I realize I might be delusional, it comes from lack of sleep and afore mentioned #2)

Fri Jan 21, 09:36:00 AM

 
Blogger A. Simpson said...

Oh sheesh, Tiff. Bo is like that and he's 5!!! What to do with these boys!!!

Fri Jan 21, 09:18:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home