This Page

has been moved to new address

Making this Skirt Cuter Refashion #2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Making this Skirt Cuter Refashion #2

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

4.12.2011

Making this Skirt Cuter Refashion #2

Once Upon A Time my now pregnant sister got married, and I was her bridesmaid.
She got married on the beach, and we all wore white linen skirts.
It was a beautiful wedding, and I was happy to not be in a hideous dress made of taffeta or some other equally horrifying material.
But now-nearly 5 years later-the white linen skirt (from Old Navy) is a little drab.
Refashion Time!!!
  1. I cut off the skirt to the length I wanted it.
  2. With some of the lining of the length I cut off, I cut some thin strips (you can see where this is going right?)
  3. I liked the raw edge of the skirt and lining of the linen, it gave a nice fray, so I just sewed an 1/8 inch line around the bottom to keep it from fraying any further than that-and didn't bother hemming it.
  4. With my stitch width set to 4, I whipped up a bunch of cute little ruffles, this time sewing right down the middle of the strip.
  5. I played around with the ruffles and pinned them where I wanted them.
  6. Then I just sewed them on....and the reveal....

What do you think was mission 'Make this Skirt Cuter' a success?
I'm pretty thrilled with it! :)

Impel-Modest Dresses & Accessories
ModCloth.com-Shop Mod Cloth for Chic & Unique Fashion
Fabric.com-The Place to Go When You Sew
Two Peas in a Bucket-Now Carrying Unity Stamps
Canvas People $25 off & Free Shipping on Any Size Canvas
Melissa & Doug Quality Educational Toys & Children's Products
Shabby Apple Dresses & Accessories for all Occasions
Tiny Prints Stylish, Modern & Unique Stationery
Glasses USA Smartest Way to buy Prescription Glasses
Your Ad Here! Click for Details

Linking to Today's Creative Blog & These Other Cute Linky Parties

Labels: , , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Love the skirt now. The after is so much better than the before. Great job recreating and I bet you will wear it more often now:)

Tue Apr 12, 06:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Sherri said...

Oh my! It's a sure fire Success! Woman, I need to send you my skirts. LOL Awesomeness. And it looks adorable on you!

Tue Apr 12, 06:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I love how it turned out with the ruffly texture and I have to say when the pictures are side by side you also look like you lost weight with the shorter length!!! CUTE

Tue Apr 12, 06:47:00 PM

 
Blogger Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Cute cute makeover!!! Thanks for sharing this with us at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY!

Blessings,
Linda

Tue Apr 12, 06:47:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny said...

Love it, it really suits you!

Tue Apr 12, 06:52:00 PM

 
Blogger Rebecca@This Present Life said...

Definitely a success!!! It looks waaaaay cuter, and so fun for summer! Love it! Now I'm going to have to check my closet for a long skirt that I can refashion ;)

Tue Apr 12, 07:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Meagan At Fairly Fabulous said...

oh my goodness! super, duper cute. TOtal success. Love the re-do!

Tue Apr 12, 08:22:00 PM

 
Blogger Mindy said...

If you ever run out of things to do, you could offer a reader to send in something of theirs for you to salvage....you have amazing ideas! Would love to see what you would do with the denim skirt I've been wearing ten plus years...

Tue Apr 12, 09:33:00 PM

 
Blogger oops! said...

Cute Cute Cute, that's is all!

Tue Apr 12, 09:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Cindy said...

Awesome makeover :) Thanks for sharing :)

Wed Apr 13, 05:33:00 AM

 
Blogger Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

That is an absolute success! Way cuter now! Great job.

Wed Apr 13, 12:20:00 PM

 
Blogger Its So Very Cheri said...

That is SOOO cute.

Cheri

Wed Apr 13, 12:21:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome!!! I'd love for you to link up to Wow Me Wednesday!

http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2011/04/wow-me-wednesday-5.html

Wed Apr 13, 03:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Robin Ange said...

Adorable! I love this.

Wed Apr 13, 06:50:00 PM

 
Blogger misss_e said...

Waaaaay cuter! Love the re-do!

Wed Apr 13, 08:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Julie Fox said...

Very Cute!

Wed Apr 13, 11:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Andrea from The Train To Crazy said...

What a change!! Adorable!

Thu Apr 14, 09:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Ruth said...

Super cute refashion. What a difference.

I came over from Tickled Pink at 504 Main.

Ruth

Fri Apr 15, 04:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Rhinestone Beagle said...

You should be very proud of that! The ruffle looks very chic, but not with the chic price! Thank you so much for posting at the Beagle!

Tue Apr 19, 02:14:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home