This Page

has been moved to new address

Foam Stamps + Bleach = Cool Shirts

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Foam Stamps + Bleach = Cool Shirts

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

3.22.2011

Foam Stamps + Bleach = Cool Shirts

I have been wanting to use a bleach pen and make my kids shirts forever, especially since I saw Cheri's cute bleach pen shirts at I am Momma-Hear Me Roar. So I was super excited that my mom had picked up a bleach pen and shirts to decorate for my 5 year old while I was in Portland last week.
I brought them home, and thought about all the ways I could do these, but I wanted mine to be original. But how?
I used to be a scrapbooker, and I still have a BUNCH of stuff.
My husband threatens me on a daily basis to get rid of it, but I know I can make good use of it.
Light bulb!
I have a HUGE collection of foam stamps-they were the perfect fit for my project.

SO I got to work...
Okay-so out of the 4 t-shirts I made-I took a picture of the one that didn't turn out! This gray was just too light, and I didn't let the bleach set long enough to even make a difference-so it came out of the wash looking like a bleached work shirt, rather than something cool.

SO-use darker colors...or be more patient and let it sit for hours and see what comes of your lighter t-shirts.

On my darker shirts, I only waited like 10 minutes. The parts I used the straight bleach on lightened SUPER fast, and the bleach pen just barely started working which left super cool colors. On the black it left orange/red, on the green it left a blue and on the navy blue shirt it left a kind of pink/orange. LOVE the results!

After you have waited as much as you are going to wait...

After drying, let your super cute model wear it for you and make a goofy face...Don't you just LOVE how it turned out?
The other 2 are cool too, but this one is my favorite.
I love the orange dashes from the bleach pen, and the super cool bleach splats.

Here are some things I learned from this...
Linking to Today's Creative Blog & These Other Awesomely Cute Parties!
I Am Momma Hear Me Roar

Current Sponsors:
Canvas People $25 off & Free Shipping on Any Size Canvas
Melissa & Doug Quality Educational Toys & Children's Products
Shabby Apple Dresses & Accessories for all Occasions
Tiny Prints Stylish, Modern & Unique Stationery
Glasses USA Smartest Way to buy Prescription Glasses
Your Ad Here! Click for Details

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

Those look so cool! I have been wanting to try this for awhile but am lacking a bit in the drawing skills, this stamping I could totally do though!

Tue Mar 22, 10:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Renee Simmons said...

totally sharing on my fanpage & twitter! Love it!

Wed Mar 23, 03:48:00 AM

 
Blogger Erica {B is for Boy} said...

What a great variation! I love how the black shirt turned out- I have a bleach pen in my cupboard so I might need a quick trip to Walmart today! Thanks for the great idea!

Wed Mar 23, 05:21:00 AM

 
Blogger Natalie said...

OH MY GOSH!!! So freaking AWESOME! I love how the bleached parts turned different colors! I guess I just figured everything bleached turned white. I can't wait to try this out! Thank you SO much for sharing!

Wed Mar 23, 07:41:00 AM

 
Blogger Rhinestone Beagle said...

Super cute and great for a boy. Those crafts are harder to come by. Thanks for linking up!

Fri Mar 25, 07:32:00 AM

 
Blogger Jo (@ boogaloo) said...

I love the effect - looks so rugged!

Fri Mar 25, 10:25:00 AM

 
Blogger Kimie said...

Love the important one. Very cute idea!

Kimie

Fri Mar 25, 10:27:00 AM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

I haven't tried bleaching to embellish a shirt yet but after seeing this I really want to. Have you tried freezer paper stenciling + bleach pen? I wonder if that would work? Great job!

Fri Mar 25, 12:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Emily said...

So so cute!

Fri Mar 25, 05:56:00 PM

 
Blogger Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

So cool! I have so many of those foam stamps, most never even used! I totally need to do this. I mean I've done bleaching before, but this looks so professional. And I love the pic of your son pointing to himself all smug. Awesome!

Fri Mar 25, 06:03:00 PM

 
Blogger Barb@curlywillowdiy said...

I've never seen this done before. Super idea! Thanks for linking to the Fresh and Frugal party.

Sat Mar 26, 05:13:00 AM

 
Blogger Rachel said...

Cool idea! I never thought to use a stamp with bleach.

Sat Mar 26, 08:07:00 AM

 
Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

i love your ideas! ( i have these suppper old stamps as well :) it's been a long time since i've tried bleach stamping.. i may have to give it another go! :) thanks for sharing!

found you via tt & j! :)

Sun Mar 27, 06:03:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

What a cool idea, they turned out so great! Thanks for linking up!

Sun Mar 27, 07:36:00 PM

 
Blogger Moore Minutes said...

OMGness!! I absolutely love these. I would buy some from you if you sold them. Wow, I'm impressed.

Thu Mar 31, 08:51:00 AM

 
Blogger Christine @ sugarandtrash.com said...

Wow, that turned out really well! The design on the black shirt is so cool. Thanks for linking up with my Show and Share party.

Thu Mar 31, 03:22:00 PM

 
Blogger gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Tiff- these shirts are really cool! I'm sooo messy, I'd have designs on the shirts I was doing AND the clothes I was wearing!
thanks for sharing @ CCC
gail
ps "catching" you this week!

Thu Mar 31, 04:47:00 PM

 
Blogger Be Colorful Coastal said...

the world doesn't get much cuter than that little guy. :) The shirts are great. Edgy and fun.
Thanks for linking this up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful
Pam

Sun Apr 03, 01:55:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home