This Page

has been moved to new address

Oil & Vinegar Recipe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Oil & Vinegar Recipe

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

12.20.2010

Oil & Vinegar Recipe

I love going to an Italian restaurant and eating my fill of the bread with the oil and vinegar, especially when they are flavored with herbs.

I found this on this blog and had to try it out myself. I have a couple of really great friends who really like to cook and I knew this would be a pretty, not to mention useful, gift to give them.I found the bottles at the dollar store and and then I just filled them up using a funnel.

The oil has minced garlic that I cooked on the stove top until golden brown, and then added a sprig or two of fresh rosemary before adding the oil and capping it.

For the balsamic vinegar, I added some sun dried tomatoes through the funnel (I used a chopstick to get them to go in) and then added some red pepper flakes-this really gives it a kick and makes it oh so yummy. Then I poured in the vinegar and capped it.

I used some foil tape to make it a little more festive and some ribbon just for pretties! I made an extra set for myself and I have to say that I am loving how pretty they are on my counter!

These would make great hostess gifts too-if you have any holiday parties coming up this weekend or for the new year, whip up a gift that they can really put to good use, while prettying up their kitchen in the process!

Current Sponsors:
Tiny Prints Stylish, Modern & Unique Stationary
Glasses USA Smartest Way to buy Prescription Glasses
Stitches N' Giggles Online Fabric Store for the Fabric Addict
Whimsy Couture Vintage Inspired...Whimsical...Sewing Patterns
Elskan Baby Baby Hats & Props
Stamp Crazy Lady Stampin' Up & Handmade Gifts
Pumpernickel Buttons Photography Southern Oregon Photographer
Your Ad Here! Click for Details

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

What a fab idea! I'm going to keep my eye out next year looking for cute bottles.

Tue Dec 21, 02:06:00 AM

 
Blogger Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

What a fun gift idea! I love using those at the restaurant. Will have to try this myself. Great Post!
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

Tue Dec 21, 11:14:00 AM

 
Blogger Its So Very Cheri said...

I love making my own flavored oils and vinegars. Where did you get the cute foil tape?

I am posting about more great ideas tomorrow morning(had a couple this morning too)and of course a olink and crdit to you.

Cheri

Thu Dec 23, 11:08:00 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

This is very awesome, I love it!

Sat Dec 25, 07:43:00 PM

 
Blogger daphne_caldwell said...

Wow! Too cute! I stumbled across your blog and of course am your newest follower! Thanks for the great ideas, I will put this one to work!

www.daphnecaldwell.blogspot.com

Mon Dec 27, 07:46:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home