This Page

has been moved to new address

Mario & Luigi Felt Softies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Mario & Luigi Felt Softies

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

12.14.2010

Mario & Luigi Felt Softies

As I know I have mentioned before, my 4 year old is a bit more than obsessed with the famous Nintendo plumber brothers.

We decided to have the kids draw names for who they were making gifts for and since my 2 month old drew my 4 year olds name, mom got to make his present.
These were pretty simple to make, I just looked at some Mario games and cut out pieces of felt to match, and then hot glued them all together.

I sewed all around the edges, and you can tell, especially on Luigi, that I had to wait until the kids were all asleep and I was sleep deprived to work on them.

They started out as hand puppets, but I decided to make them softies after I realized that I couldn't get my hand in Luigi's head anymore! :)

I stuffed them with poly-fill, added some poly-pellets to their bottoms and hand sewed them up with some simple legs.

I know my son will be so excited on Christmas morning to find these little guys under the tree!

Current Sponsors:
Glasses USA Smartest Way to buy Prescription Glasses
Stitches N' Giggles Online Fabric Store for the Fabric Addict
Whimsy Couture Vintage Inspired...Whimsical...Sewing Patterns
Elskan Baby Baby Hats & Props
Stamp Crazy Lady Stampin' Up & Handmade Gifts
Pumpernickel Buttons Photography Southern Oregon Photographer
Your Ad Here! Click for Details

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Regina said...

Those are adorable. One lil man is going to be very surprised and very happy. I think it's a wonderful tradition you have started with the kiddos making presents for one another.

Hugs,
Regi

Wed Dec 15, 06:00:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

AW!!! SO cute! And what a good idea to have your kiddos draw for and then make gifts for each other! :)

Wed Dec 15, 08:17:00 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

Thank you so much!!! My great nephew is on the spectrum of autism and he loves mario and luigi. We were asked as part of our family "Makey" gift this year to make him a set and we needed a visual! Now we have a much better idea! Thanks again!!!
We have the felt and now to start making them!

Sat Dec 18, 05:27:00 PM

 
Blogger WiffsWife said...

oh my gosh! My son LOVES Mario and Luigi! He would die if I made him these!

Off to the store to get some felt!

Thanks for the great idea!

Thu Dec 23, 04:24:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home