This Page

has been moved to new address

Making this Sweater Cuter-Refashion #1

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Making this Sweater Cuter-Refashion #1

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

4.19.2011

Making this Sweater Cuter-Refashion #1

So I have been looking for a yellow cardigan that I could either buy and love, or buy and fix to love but with really no luck in my price range. My mom knew this and found this little lovely for me!So yes, it was quite large...and the sleeves were a bit much for me......and even the bows...I usually love bows...but these were shapeless and limp...and well just so much had to go!
This refashion was a challenge for me, but I think it was worth it!The first thing I had to do was make it fit.
So I turned it inside out and put it on.
Then using pins I pinned it to the size I would need it.
I sewed a straight stitch and then a zig zag on top of that where my pins were.
I then cut the sleeves off all together.
After all that, it fit just right, I was excited to get it right on the first try...but just to keep it real, that is about the only thing that went right on the first try!
I cut the extra pieces off next to my stitch first and then it was on to the sleeves (pain).
I cut off the bells-I just couldn't love them as much as it would have been easier to do so.
Then I pinned and repinned until I got the sleeve on just how I needed it so that it would fit.
Then I went to bed.
When I woke up I had a sweater that fit, but that still needed some cuteness.
I grabbed a couple pieces of fabric from a jelly roll I've been taking apart for a million different projects lately and made some quick bias tape with my iron.
Then I folded it over and pinned it on the edges of the sleeve.
I also cut the little bows off and pinned some more over the edges of the pockets.
Then I just sewed that on.
Then, because everything looks cuter with ruffles, I made some tiny ones & pinned them on.
I also added cute little buttons on the pockets to keep them from sagging.
I thought I would be done with that, but it still needed something so I used some strips of the sweater and rolled them into little roses.
Cute!
I hand stitched a bunch of those babies on and....




I am super happy that it turned out cute and not a complete failure after how many hours I put into it...what do you think? Was this making the sweater cuter mission a success?
Oh I hope so! :)
Linking up to Today's Creative Blog & These Other Cute Parties....

Impel-Modest Dresses & Accessories
ModCloth.com-Shop Mod Cloth for Chic & Unique Fashion
Fabric.com-The Place to Go When You Sew
Two Peas in a Bucket-Now Carrying Unity Stamps
Canvas People $25 off & Free Shipping on Any Size Canvas
Melissa & Doug Quality Educational Toys & Children's Products
Shabby Apple Dresses & Accessories for all Occasions
Tiny Prints Stylish, Modern & Unique Stationery
Glasses USA Smartest Way to buy Prescription Glasses
Your Ad Here! Click for Details

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger ARK said...

Holy moly! I am SOOOOO impressed! I need to learn to sew PRONTO!

Tue Apr 19, 07:03:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

wow, you inspire me.

Tue Apr 19, 07:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Mindy said...

That's amazing! The sweater was totally ugly and huge, until you re-created it. I love seeing the process, thanks for blogging all the steps. Before and after pics wouldn't have been good enough.

Tue Apr 19, 08:00:00 PM

 
Blogger Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Way cuter!

Tue Apr 19, 08:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

Soooooo sweet and modern!!!

Tue Apr 19, 10:00:00 PM

 
Blogger Meagan At Fairly Fabulous said...

my hero. you are so amazing! Love this cuteness.

Tue Apr 19, 10:32:00 PM

 
Blogger Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

very nice,,

Wed Apr 20, 02:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Karen said...

Super cute! I love how it turned out:) Great Job.

Wed Apr 20, 03:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Blissful & Domestic said...

Super cute! Way better than the before:>

Wed Apr 20, 09:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

unbelievable . I look forward to your recreations , they always make me take a second look at those "not quite right" pieces of clothes.

Thu Apr 21, 03:44:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Those sleeves were hilarious! I'm glad we've moved on from that fashion.

Love the yellow colour and your refashion is terrific.

Thu Apr 21, 06:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Cindy said...

It is definitely cuter now! Fabulous refashion!
Hugs, Cindy

Sun Apr 24, 06:03:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I featured you this week on WW!

Wed Apr 27, 09:48:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home