This Page

has been moved to new address

I'm a Little Bit Country...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: I'm a Little Bit Country...

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

3.03.2011

I'm a Little Bit Country...

All NEW!
Fashion Feature/Contest/Link'em Up/What I Wear/Make it yours/Keep it Cute/Wear this

Okay-so the name obviously needs some work!
That will be step one!
If you have a fun name for this new weekly feature, leave me a comment and we'll have a vote for the best one next week.

What are you naming?!?

Well I would like to do a new feature on Thursdays called (ENTER YOUR AWESOME NAME HERE).

Here is what it will be, and I want your opinion-will this be fun?
I think it will.
  • Every Thursday I will post a picture of me in something I wore that week.
  • Then it will be your mission to make the look work for you, and wear it that week.
  • You can copy the outfit completely, or just borrow one of the ideas from it.
  • Fashion Shoot! Then you will take a picture of you in that outfit, it can be a self portrait, or you can have someone take it for you-how many of you had the goal this year to be in more photos? (Me raising my hand).
  • You can do a post with you in the outfit on your blog telling how you made the look your own...or just link up the photo and leave me a comment telling me how you incorporated the look.
  • We can then all get a bunch of fashion inspiration from each other and we will all be cuter because of it!
  • Oh yeah...I will also be soliciting fashion themed giveaways for each week, that one random participant will win! :) I know you all love a little motivation! (If you would like to sponsor a weekly giveaway-be sure to contact me!)
Make sense?

This week I made it easy for you...

THEME: I'M A LITTLE BIT COUNTRY
So you could sport your cowboy boots this week, layer a button up over a tee, wrap your shirt in a belt...etc...

You get the idea. Link up your pics here...

Oh...and one of you will win a super cute and stylish Mini Messenger bag from Liv n' Chic Boutique given away next Thursday!

edit:
TO ENTER: Leave me a comment telling me how you will incorporate this into one of your outfits this week. (You get a bonus entry if you link up a picture of you wearing the outfit-plus you will be featured here next week!)

{Go over and "like" Liv n' Chic on Facebook, and if you purchase something from her shop (it will be hard not too-her prices are AWESOME and her stuff is SO super cute) you will get an extra entry to win one of the adorable mini-messengers of your choice! She just got in some new bags that are sure to sell out quick...}


Please link back here, and tell your friends about this! The more that participate the more fun this will be! :)




Why am I doing this?
Within the past couple of months I've decided to stop waiting until I lose the baby weight before I started dressing nice. My husband calls me gorgeous every day, but I wasn't feeling it in my sweats covered in baby spit up.
So I purged my closet and got rid of everything that wasn't flattering (at least to me).
I bought a couple new staples that I was in need of-rather than waiting until I am back to my ideal weight.
I starting looking at my closet in a new light, trying to come up with fun new outfits that will really earn the compliments that McDreamy showers me with.
Plus, it makes me feel so much better about myself when I spend an extra few minutes dressing nice and putting on makeup, even if it is just to take the kids to lessons or grocery shopping.
Also-more pictures of me-a New Years resolution I can actually stick to! :)

Don't forget to leave me a comment letting me know what to name this new thing...also let me know if it is something that sounds fun to you. I want this to be fun! :)
I want to see your cute faces and your cute styles, so I can steal, I mean borrow your ideas! :)

Current Sponsors:
Canvas People $25 off & Free Shipping on Any Size Canvas
Melissa & Doug Quality Educational Toys & Children's Products
Shabby Apple Dresses & Accessories for all Occasions
Tiny Prints Stylish, Modern & Unique Stationery
Glasses USA Smartest Way to buy Prescription Glasses
Your Ad Here! Click for Details

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Stephani said...

That's a fun idea. It would be neat to call it something like "Look like me" or to tie in your blog title "Look {cute!} like me!" I can totally relate about feeling better about myself when I put a little effort into how I look, and when I wear something that I think makes me look nice. Good for you!

Thu Mar 03, 05:39:00 AM

 
Blogger The Fischer Family said...

I think this looks like so much fun! I have the perfect stuff to do for this one too so I think I found my outfit for tomorrow!(better go throw those skinny jeans in the washer!) Thanks! Oh, as for a name, how about something like "Making Me Cuter" or "Making You Cuter" since the name of your blog is "Making the World Cuter"??

Thu Mar 03, 05:47:00 AM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

I agree with The Fischer Family's comment above. I immediately thought "Making Outfits Cuter" or "Making Us Cuter", something that plays off your blog name.

Thu Mar 03, 06:49:00 AM

 
Blogger Emily said...

I love the idea! I've recently been trying to upcycle my wardrobe a bit and this is motivation to do it. I also love the idea of "Making ???? Cuter" to go along with your blog.
domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

Thu Mar 03, 07:47:00 AM

 
Blogger Emily said...

How about "Making Moms Cuter" ????

Thu Mar 03, 07:49:00 AM

 
Blogger Angela said...

Love the idea-- I'm with you on the "Just had a baby & nothing fits & it's taking a long time to get the body back so I have nothing to wear" dilemma. But it does feel so much better to put in a little effort!!

Thu Mar 03, 08:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This is a really cute idea! I am losing weight and so right now everything I wear looks baggie but I am not at the point where I can purchase new clothes either. About 5 - 10 more pounds then I will be purging as well and getting new.

Thu Mar 03, 10:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

How about Us, Even Cuter. Sounds like a fun idea! I like that you can choose to do one or all and make it your own! :)

Thu Mar 03, 12:26:00 PM

 
Blogger Julie Fox said...

How about..."I'm still a Rock Star!" or "I'm a Mom, I'm not Dead" or "I've still got it baby!"

Thu Mar 03, 06:17:00 PM

 
Blogger A. Simpson said...

"Fabulous Fashionista's"??
I kinda like the "Making Moms Cuter"
Hmmm, possibility.

Fri Mar 04, 07:34:00 AM

 
Blogger EFY said...

Cute...and Worth It!! OR
Cute...and Working It!!!

If I were to imitate your look, I could definitely pull off the layered shirts ~ it's cold here so more than one layer is a must. I'd skip the belt,button the bottom buttons, and put on my fav jeans. For the boots, (I have none, believe it or not) I'd have to go with what I have. Or, perhaps I could borrow my daughter's yellow rubber boots ~ she makes them totally rock with certain outfits and always gets compliments... Amazing to me. Blessings!

Sun Mar 06, 11:04:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

i love the layerd shirt look with the belt and cow boy boots! I have an out fit very similar to this! i love wearing it.

Tue Mar 08, 06:14:00 AM

 
Blogger Jaime said...

Hi Tiff, fun fashion post.
I actually wore layered plaid today too. Cute bag, and a fun giveaway!!

Wed Mar 09, 12:50:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home