This Page

has been moved to new address

Friendly Friday-I'm a Mom not a Professional

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Friendly Friday-I'm a Mom not a Professional

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

3.25.2011

Friendly Friday-I'm a Mom not a Professional

Friday! New friend day! I am excited to show you this adorable project from Jaime at I'm a Mom not a Professional. Love the simplicity of it! She has so many other cute projects over at her blog, and some DELISH looking recipes-so check out the tutorial and then run right over and see what else she's got! :) Here's Jaime...

I loved my girl’s scarfs so much that I have wanted to make one of my own and so I did. Again all I used was material and some elastic thread.047
I bought two different fabrics for this project because the, I LOVE BLACK side of me couldn’t pass by this beautiful charcoal gray fleece I found. And then I got pink (and black) because the little voice in my head (it’s my mothers voice) kept saying “Jaime! you wear too much black, you need some color in your life!” The little voice won out and I’m very glad it did I love how my new scarf turned out!! (Now if I can only have the courage to wear it)

Both fabrics look way better in real life and the gray is much darker. We got a new camera for Christmas and I still haven’t figured it all out yet.

012015
I cut the fabric the the size I wanted then sewed two pieces together to get my desired length. Then I serged all of the edges. From there I sewed four lines of elastic thread down the middle of my scarf.
018
Elastic thread is white (does anyone know if it comes in other colors?) So I serged another strip and sewed it down the middle to cover the elastic thread.
024

All Done!!

047
Current Sponsors:
Canvas People $25 off & Free Shipping on Any Size Canvas
Melissa & Doug Quality Educational Toys & Children's Products
Shabby Apple Dresses & Accessories for all Occasions
Tiny Prints Stylish, Modern & Unique Stationery
Glasses USA Smartest Way to buy Prescription Glasses
Your Ad Here! Click for Details

The ideas, and opinions expressed on Friendly Friday do not necessarily reflect the owner of this blog. Friendly Friday is a day where new blog friends are invited to share a post of something they think makes the world a cuter place. If you are interested in participating in Friendly Friday, please send a post in html format to tiff@makingtheworldcuter.com, with the subject Friendly Friday. Thanks! And keep it cute! :)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Love the Decor! said...

Happy Weekend!!
Stop over if you haven't and enter to win a dress from Shabby Apple
It ends tonight

Fri Mar 25, 11:19:00 AM

 
Blogger Jaime S. said...

You're so sweet thanks!

Fri Mar 25, 01:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Christine @ sugarandtrash.com said...

This is super cute!! I have been making my own scarves lately too and I love seeing the cuteness that others are coming up with.

Fri Mar 25, 02:06:00 PM

 
Blogger christini yogini said...

So fun! Love the ruffles!

Sat Mar 26, 11:43:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home