This Page

has been moved to new address

"Egg-Celent" Invites & A Winner!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: "Egg-Celent" Invites & A Winner!

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

3.01.2011

"Egg-Celent" Invites & A Winner!

On Monday, my first son...my sweet little boy who loves all things Mario, building things and giving kisses and hugs...that tiny little guy with the big voice and even bigger eyes, that little baby who wasn't so little at birth (9lbs 5oz) but never got much bigger...is turning 5! This kid has opinions.
He is stubborn.
He gets an idea in his head and there is no room for persuasion.
He wants an Easter Egg Hunt for his birthday.
Not a Dinosaur egg hunt, not even a Yoshi egg hunt, just an Easter Egg hunt.
He doesn't care that the ground is covered in snow..."we will just hide them in the house, on the stairs, like the Easter Bunny does," he says.
Well that sounds fun doesn't it?
Six boys finding eggs on the stairs.
Awesome.
I am seriously hoping the snow is thawed by Saturday.
I needed to make invitations for this Easter Egg party, but I didn't want them to be too girly with pastel colors and the like, so I found this deranged Easter bunny paper I had in my stash from Rusty Pickle. Then I got some white card stock, and some brads.
I used my Cricut to cut some ovals for eggs, the white ones I cut at 4 inches and the bunny ones I cut at 4 1/2". You could use any die cutting machine or even scissors-and do them at any size...this is just what I did.Then I cut the bunny eggs in half.Using a paper piercer I stabbed through all three layers......and added a brad.You could print out the invite information, but since we were just inviting 5 boys, I just hand wrote out the information on the white egg.
I didn't embellish them much since it's a boy party-just each boys first initial, but if you were making these for an actual Easter egg hunt invitation, you could make them super cute and frilly with fun embellishments.
But you can see how they work here.Cute, simple and the kids think they are super cool.
All the things I strive for in a birthday party invitation! :)
Now just cross your fingers for me that Saturday will be somewhat warm, and that the snow will be at least mostly melted.

Oh yes, I need to announce a WINNER for the Becca Winslow Cuff don't I?

I also need to tell you that if you didn't win...or even if you did, and you want to get something cute for yourself or as a gift from her shop you should use this code at checkout; 2CUTE10. That little baby right there will save you 10% on your order.

Okay, and the winner is...#100! Who is number 100?
Sky Buffat said...

Cute cuff- haven't seen one like this from any other stamped jewelry vendors! I really liked the dotted circles monogram! Thanks for a cool giveaway :)

Congrats!

If you would like to host a giveaway on Making the World Cuter, contact me!


Current Sponsors:
Canvas People $25 off & Free Shipping on Any Size Canvas
Melissa & Doug Quality Educational Toys & Children's Products
Shabby Apple Dresses & Accessories for all Occasions
Tiny Prints Stylish, Modern & Unique Stationery
Glasses USA Smartest Way to buy Prescription Glasses
Your Ad Here! Click for Details

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lyssa Beth said...

These are so cute. I love how you make them open up like that!
I just started a new linky party on my blog, "scrapbook sundays"
I would love for you to come join me!
Lyssa

http://bornagaincrafter.blogspot.com/2011/02/scrapbook-sundays.html

Tue Mar 01, 06:53:00 PM

 
Blogger cre8ivesky said...

Hooray- I am so excited to have won! :) Thank you! I did email you from your contact button, but then it sent me to your old blog address, so hopefully it worked :) Thanks again- have a great birthday weekend! Hopefully your snow (and the mud) cooperates :)

Thu Mar 03, 03:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Those are awesome!!! What a great idea!

Please visit my site. I'd love to have you link up at my For the Kids Fridays link party.
http://sunscholars.blogspot.com

:)rachel

Fri Mar 04, 12:19:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home