This Page

has been moved to new address

Twinkle Twinkle Pretty Star

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Twinkle Twinkle Pretty Star

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

2.16.2011

Twinkle Twinkle Pretty Star

I have this sister in law that is my hero. (Hi Stef!)
I want to be her when I grow up.
Oh darn, I am already grown up and she is only a few years older than me!
Plus, she is a cute, petite little thing and about a size zero...two things people haven't said about me since I was like 10 (actually I was never petite, I've always been a bit, okay a lot on the tall side).

Well besides being super health conscience, spiritual, organized, well traveled, well read, a trendy dresser and being as cute as a button...she is AH.MAZ.ING at decorating, her house is to die for!

Really, next time in Utah, I should take my camera in for a tour, because there is inspiration oozing out of the walls of that place. You could ooh and ahh for hours!

Well lucky me, she is also the most generous person on the planet!
For my birthday she made me this beautiful star, and from the moment I got it home it has been hanging on my front door.
I only wish I wasn't renting this house and that I could have a cute front door to go under it! Isn't it cute? I was dead set on recreating one for Valentines Day so I could have a tutorial, but school, cuddling babies, trips and life got in the way and it never happened.

But you know what? You are all super smart, I bet you can figure out how to recreate this beauty in your own way...
  • You will need a star obviously, but I bet a lot of you have one that is in need of a cute makeover-or at least know where you can pick one up.
  • You will need spray paint if you want to give it a new color-and maybe some glitter if you want to sprinkle that on after painting it to make it 'twinkle.'
  • You will need some scrap book paper in some pretty coordinating prints cut into triangles patterned from your own star.
  • You will need mod podge, and maybe some waterproof spray to seal that baby nice and good so that you can hang it on your door without worrying about weather harming it
  • And you will need a few pieces of pretty ribbon to hang it on the door, or wall or cabinet or wherever you want to display it.
I still plan on making some of these in different colors, I think it is a refreshing take on the star, and a refreshing break from one of the many wreaths that are always hanging on my door. Something a little unexpected...

Current Sponsors:
Canvas People 40% off & Free Shipping on Any Size Canvas
Melissa & Doug Quality Educational Toys & Children's Products
Barnes & Noble Free ebooks with purchase of a Nook
Shabby Apple Dresses & Accessories for all Occasions
Tiny Prints Stylish, Modern & Unique Stationery
Glasses USA Smartest Way to buy Prescription Glasses
Your Ad Here! Click for Details

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

That is adorable!!!
I have yet to find some scrapbook paper I like enough to make one of these.
But...I want that one!!
:]

Wed Feb 16, 04:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Wow! Your sister-in-law sounds exactly like mine!
That star is awesome. I agree with you; I like how it breaks away from the traditional wreath.

Wed Feb 16, 09:43:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home