This Page

has been moved to new address

Scratch It Valentine Day Cards

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Scratch It Valentine Day Cards

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

2.03.2011

Scratch It Valentine Day Cards


I am having my kids make their Valentines Cards this week since I am going out of town next week with them. I am all done with my Associates Degree on Saturday, and I need an escape! I am heading to Portland to hang out with my mom, brother and pregnant sister (her hubby is going on deployment for 6 weeks). I can't wait! :)

Do you want to see what we did for cards?
First I made some simple little cards in Photoshop, I intentionally left them blank so that the kids could color them. If you want to print these I have them here, don't worry they're free! :)
I had the kids write out who the Valentine was for, their name and the secret they wanted their birdie friend to tell.
Well my 4 year old I just had him write his name...
...and I ended up erasing it on lots of them because he quickly got bored of writing his name over and over again and started scribbling instead.
So I had him start coloring...this held his attention span longer.
I paper pieced mine, this is just a sample of one I made for my husband. (I might make some a little bit naughtier for the actual occasion.. wink wink!)Then I took some clear contact paper and easily covered them up and laminated them. Then taking some DecoArt Paint in lots of different colors, we went to town and painted all the little speech bubbles, so they can be scratched off by the recipient to reveal the secret message.For the kids I am going to hot glue them to the front of Juice boxes to give to their friends.

For my husband I might attach it something 'juicy' too. :)



Current Sponsors:
Canvas People 40% off & Free Shipping on Any Size Canvas
Melissa & Doug Quality Educational Toys & Children's Products
Barnes & Noble Free ebooks with purchase of a Nook
Tiny Prints Stylish, Modern & Unique Stationary
Glasses USA Smartest Way to buy Prescription Glasses
Stamp Crazy Lady Stampin' Up & Handmade Gifts
Your Ad Here! Click for Details

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephani said...

That is such a neat idea! I never would have thought of that. So cute yet so simple. :)

Thu Feb 03, 01:15:00 PM

 
Blogger Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

hahaha. stealing that little birdie's innocence by putting words in his mouth I see. ;)

cute idea!

Thu Feb 03, 02:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Its So Very Cheri said...

What a great idea.

Thanks for sharing--I love it.

Cheri

Thu Feb 03, 03:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Love this!! I may try this with my students... so fun!! :)

Thu Feb 03, 04:30:00 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

You are SOOOO smart! I love this!!

Thu Feb 03, 06:58:00 PM

 
Blogger A. Simpson said...

Freaking Heck, Tiff! I sure love ya! Next year, this'll have to be for next year!

Thu Feb 03, 10:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Mamarazzi said...

cuteness!!

Fri Feb 04, 01:59:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home