This Page

has been moved to new address

Graffiti Thug...AKA my 2 year old

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Graffiti Thug...AKA my 2 year old

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

2.24.2011

Graffiti Thug...AKA my 2 year old

This is one of those "Keeping it Real" posts.
You are going to see things-that are not pretty, not clean, and NOT CUTE!
They were made by a cute little guy, so it counts.

My 2 year old is a Graffiti Thug.

As an artist, I can appreciate the talent of some good graffiti on the side of a building.

As a photographer, I really appreciate some well placed graffiti on an abandoned train car.

As a mother, I do not, under any circumstance, no matter how well done, do I appreciate graffiti on my walls.

My kids are well aware of this.

But like I said, my 2 year old is a thug.

He has no respect for the law.
He laughs in the face of danger.
He gets a thrill out of the fear of being caught.

It's a real adrenaline rush for him, I tell ya.

Well for the last month or so, I have yelled and screamed, talked gently face to face with him, given time-outs, spanked hands, threw away the majority of markers in the house...all to no avail.

Usually I make him clean it up, but lately I've just let it sit on the wall-
One because he LIKES to clean it up and...
Two because once it is clean, he looks at it like a blank canvas.

Today he really had a hay day when he found not one, but two markers.
He really out did himself-his gang leader is probably really proud.
I'm sure my little boy is about to be promoted to head thug.

I went around with my camera today and just snapped a few of the places you will find this kid's tags...
So I'm pretty sure every wall in our house has some sort of art work on it at this point...
Which is why I think he decided to start on the appliances today.
Luckily this was dry erase marker...it came off really easily...he was not happy with me for cleaning it off so quickly.
He threw a bit of a fit.
What else can you expect from a thug?

It looks like this Saturday the whole family gets to get in on a community service project of cleaning up the graffiti that this little thug has adorned our walls with.
He sure is a cute little thug.

Current Sponsors:
Canvas People $25 off & Free Shipping on Any Size Canvas
Melissa & Doug Quality Educational Toys & Children's Products
Shabby Apple Dresses & Accessories for all Occasions
Tiny Prints Stylish, Modern & Unique Stationery
Glasses USA Smartest Way to buy Prescription Glasses
Your Ad Here! Click for Details

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hee hee hee! My thug got his markers confiscated for tagging books (not the colouring kind), his head and then the baby's head, and finally the playmat in the play room. He hasn't yet identified the walls as a suitable canvas. I wonder how long that will take!

Thu Feb 24, 07:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Jocelyn said...

My 2 year old is into the same trouble. I don't think it ever even occurred to my first girl to color on walls, but my second is a different story. I have the same problem with her enjoying cleaning it up too much. Her favorite "canvas" is the bricks on the hearth right in front of the fireplace. Good luck with your thug! He is a cute one!

Thu Feb 24, 08:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Tina said...

How funny to read this today. Two of my friends are having the same problem today with their children...instead of the walls, it's their own face..with permanent marker!
My youngest daughter was a wall-drawer like that. Finally we framed a certain area in the hall that she could draw on. When it was full, we'd paint over it and she'd start drawing again. (not what every parent would suggest to do)She's 20 yrs old now and still loves to draw!
By the way..your little thug is adorable!

Thu Feb 24, 08:47:00 PM

 
Blogger Mindy said...

I miss having little thugs around! I know it's frustrating, but when he's a famous artist and gives tribute to his mother who fostered his creativity, it will all be worth it!

Thu Feb 24, 09:20:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh.. he must be related to my little thug.. who is now four.. but still kinda stuck in that terrible two thing.. When he was two he took a black sharpie marker and made me a "rainbow" on my bedroom wall.. Let's just say that it took up about 2 feet of wall space above my night table as that is what he was standing on to draw it! It really is a good thing that they are sooo stinkin cute!

Fri Feb 25, 12:01:00 AM

 
Blogger Tiffany said...

Such a cute little thug! My middle one had a knack for finding the one single black permanent marker I kept hidden, in a different spot each time no less. I got tired of trying to clean it so I finally gave up and left it there. When we finally moved pretty much every wall was freshly painted though!

Fri Feb 25, 05:03:00 AM

 
Blogger emily @morefromthemoorefamily said...

When you find a way to stop the "artist", let me know... my little guy is starting the same projects in our house...ha ha. I'm not that worried, because I want to repaint the walls away... but my hubby has a really hard time with it.

Fri Feb 25, 05:29:00 AM

 
Blogger Melanna said...

Ha! We had to make colouring a supervised-only project at our house for a while as our little stinker would colour on all sorts of random things, too. There's still some carpet in her room I can't get clean. I made her help clean it up each time she did it and she seems to have moved on from that stage. But I still don't trust her with markers. I'm planning on using any un-washable spots as an excuse to repaint! Hehe!

Fri Feb 25, 10:28:00 AM

 
Blogger Kara said...

My six year old was just the same way when he was 2. I went through sooo many magic erasers!

Fri Feb 25, 03:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

I feel your pain...for real. We are going through this right now too. Problem with trying to throw all the markers is that I have big kids who have lots of markers.

My little girl keeps finding them. Bummer...

Fri Feb 25, 08:57:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home