This Page

has been moved to new address

Friendly Friday-Rhapsody of Cacophony

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Friendly Friday-Rhapsody of Cacophony

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

2.04.2011

Friendly Friday-Rhapsody of Cacophony



Yippee-it's Friday again! I love Fridays cause I get to meet new bloggy friends and see cute stuff-and get yummy new recipes.
January is over now, so most of us have given up on dieting, right?
Oh, is that just me?
Well if you are like me, you are going to love my new friend Melanna from Rhapsody of Cacophony!
Let's get to know her and find out what these delicious little morsels are shall we?

I have the world's best Mother-in-law.

I'm not kidding. She's fantastic! (For the record, so is my Mom. Hi Mom!)

I always hear stories of people complaining about their in-laws and that is just not the case here. I only have one complaint about my mother-in-law:

She makes me fat.

Okay, that's not entirely true, since I am an adult and choose what and how much of something I put in my mouth, I really can't blame her. It's just that everything she makes tastes A-MAZE-ING.

Truly.

And since we only visit every so often, when I'm there, I tend to indulge.

A lot.

We spent 10 days visiting the in-laws for Christmas and I think it would be fair to say that this is the first time I have gained weight while nursing a baby. I didn't think it was possible. She proved that it is.

I filled pages and pages of recipes that I wrote out while I was there and I'm still no where near having all of my favourites from her kitchen.

So in tribute to the yum that comes from my mother-in-law's oven, I present you with this recipe. And hopefully after tasting these, you will understand just a smidgen that was my yummy Christmas.

You need to make these.

Like now.

Unless of course you made a resolution to lose weight.

I obviously didn't.

64 Caramel Squares

64 (14oz) individually wrapped caramels

1 cup evaporated milk

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 cups oats

1 ½ cups lightly packed brown sugar

1 tsp baking soda

½ tsp salt

1 ½ cups butter, softened

1 (300g) baker's semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 2 cups)

1 cup walnuts, chopped

Melt caramels and evaporated milk together on low heat, stirring until smooth. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in LARGE mixing bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press half of mixture into 15x10-inch jelly roll pan or 2 9-inch square cake pans. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips and walnuts evenly over baked crust. Pour caramel mixture on top. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden. Cool and cut into bars.



Oh yum-who needs great thighs when you can have these in your mouth!

Thanks Melanna for this delish new treat!


Current Sponsors:
Canvas People 40% off & Free Shipping on Any Size Canvas
Melissa & Doug Quality Educational Toys & Children's Products
Barnes & Noble Free ebooks with purchase of a Nook
Tiny Prints Stylish, Modern & Unique Stationary
Glasses USA Smartest Way to buy Prescription Glasses
Stamp Crazy Lady Stampin' Up & Handmade Gifts
Your Ad Here! Click for Details


The ideas, and opinions expressed on Friendly Friday do not necessarily reflect the owner of this blog. Friendly Friday is a day where new blog friends are invited to share a post of something they think makes the world a cuter place. If you are interested in participating in Friendly Friday, please send a post in html format to tiff@makingtheworldcuter.com, with the subject Friendly Friday. Thanks! And keep it cute! :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Mamarazzi said...

YUM!!

Fri Feb 04, 01:58:00 AM

 
Blogger Manni said...

Thats awesome, I'm going to have to try this out! I love wrapped caramels...mmmm! : D

Fri Feb 04, 03:27:00 AM

 
Blogger Melanna said...

Thanks for the feature, Tiff!

Fri Feb 04, 07:11:00 AM

 
Blogger Court said...

Yum! I'm gonna have to try it out.

I am one of your newer followers and love all the fun and Yummy ideas you have. I awarded you "the Stylish Blogger Award" you can find out all the details on my blog, frog2fab.blogspot.com
Courtney

Sat Feb 05, 08:50:00 AM

 
Blogger Tina said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog. Can't wait to see what is next!
You have a new follower!

Sat Feb 05, 11:21:00 AM

 
Blogger Nesty Girl said...

This post made me smile :) My Aunt Irene was a wonderful cook and we have missed her kitchen creations since she passed away 15 years ago. Well, this Christmas I received a cookbook of her recipes and guess what recipe was in it? This one! And I've been avoiding making it because I'm afraid they'll become habit forming LOL! All joking aside, your squares look wonderful and I think I'm going to have to make a batch soon!

Mon Feb 07, 06:22:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home