This Page

has been moved to new address

Friendly Friday-Haybird's Blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Friendly Friday-Haybird's Blog

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

12.17.2010

Friendly Friday-Haybird's Blog

Happy Friday-does this month go by way too fast or is it just me? Just a week left until Christmas Eve! Wowzers!

I have a really fun little tutorial from Haley at Haybird's Blog. She is new to the blogging world, but has a lot of great sewing projects up already, and I'm sure there are many more to come!

This is a great way to use scraps! It is a fast easy craft that can be done with or without a machine!
Materials:
Scraps of contrasting colors
Thread
Small amount of polyfill stuffing
Hair Clip
Ribbon
Glue Gun



Using your favorite font, type your child's initial. Size is up to you. My A is about 3 inches tall. I transferred mine to freezer paper because I don't have one of those fancy fade away ink pens. (Santa? Are you reading this?!) You'll need two. However, on the second one, make sure you trace your letter to the wrong side of the fabric.





Using a machine or by hand, sew the edges of your letter leaving an opening to stuff your stuffing ;).If you don't want the frayed look, there are some great "stop fraying" products. (*HINT* For the A, I tried to cut out the middle hole and sew but I couldn't get my stuffing in! I ended up starting over and not cutting out the middle. I sewed a small X in the middle after I stuffed the letter.)

Now that your letter is sewn shut, you can add some bling if you choose. I sewed a little bow towards the bottom. I used a scrap rectangular piece of black and white damask fabric and ran a long stitch down one of the long sides. I gathered it and shaped it into a flower. I then glued my letter in the middle.


To attach the flower and initial to a clip, I first glued some ribbon to cover the metal of the clip and glued the flower to the top! Kinda like this tutorial at The Green Wife.

Presto! If you try this out, I'd love to see how the other letters turn out!
Be sure to come visit me at Haybird's Blog!
-Haley

If you would like to feature your blog or a project here on a Friendly Friday, contact me here.

Current Sponsors:
Glasses USA Smartest Way to buy Prescription Glasses
Stitches N' Giggles Online Fabric Store for the Fabric Addict
Whimsy Couture Vintage Inspired...Whimsical...Sewing Patterns
Elskan Baby Baby Hats & Props
Stamp Crazy Lady Stampin' Up & Handmade Gifts
Pumpernickel Buttons Photography Southern Oregon Photographer
Your Ad Here! Click for Details

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing my tutorial!

Sat Dec 18, 09:37:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home