This Page

has been moved to new address

Eye Spy Bean Bags

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Eye Spy Bean Bags

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

12.07.2010

Eye Spy Bean Bags

One of the presents that I already had wrapped and under the tree before my little man decided to start Christmas a little early were these eye spy beanbags.
I know these are all over the place, in fact my friend helped me put them together-but I still wanted to share them with you...just in case you forgot how cool these things are. My kids are absolutely loving theirs. (Yes, I let them keep them, they were all looking at them anyway).
Just a quick little tutorial and supply list to help you whip up a few of these boredom busters to stuff in socks, give as friend gifts, let the kids play with on long trips to visit family, sibling gifts that are easy to make or whatever...
  1. Fabric-fleece-I used a tiny cheap receiving blanket that Oliver was too big for now and that was never used. I cut each square about 6x6. (I think if I ever make these again, I will use pinking sheers for a cleaner and cuter look).
  2. Clear vinyl-can be bought at the fabric store-super cheap and you hardly need any for this project, just enough for the square you cut out of one of the fleece squares.
  3. Little random objects from around the house-ideas; puzzle pieces, buttons, cupcake pics, shells, change, googly eyes, beads, game pieces, beans, safety pins, paper clips....
  4. Jump ring and ribbon to hold the contents card on
  5. Content Card-I just took a picture of all the little items before I put them in the bag, but if your kids are reading you could also type out a list. I like the photo, that way the kids can see what they are looking for. I took all three photos and then put them on an 8 1/2 x11 document in photoshop-resized them all to fit down the middle and then printed them. I covered them in clear contact paper to protect them and keep them sturdy.
  6. Poly-pellets-found by the poly-fill in your craft or sewing store, I think you could also use rice if you wanted.
To make them it's pretty self explanatory-
  • Cut the squares of fabric and your hole in the middle of the beanbag-you could be more creative than me and make your hole a shape like a heart or a circle, or my husband thought it would be a little more challenging if I put 2 or 3 small holes so that they have to look through smaller windows.
  • Cut your vinyl about 1/4" bigger than your hole and sew it on the backside of the square so that you have a window
  • Take your folded piece of ribbon with your jump ring in between and sew it to one of the insides of the square.
  • Sew the two pieces, insides together all around leaving a small hole to put in your items and filler
  • If you're going to take a picture of your items, do it now before you put them in the beanbag-put them in.
  • Using a funnel add your filler.
  • Sew up the hole and add your contents card.
Voila! Easy Peasy and you can whip up a whole bunch pretty darn quick. :)


Current Sponsors:
Stitches N' Giggles Online Fabric Store for the Fabric Addict
Whimsy Couture Vintage Inspired...Whimsical...Sewing Patterns
Elskan Baby Baby Hats & Props
Stamp Crazy Lady Stampin' Up & Handmade Gifts
Pumpernickel Buttons Photography Southern Oregon Photographer
Your Ad Here! Click for Details

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

What a fantastic easy idea! My 7 yr old loves the I-spy books and games, he would love this!

Tue Dec 07, 01:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Janet said...

Thanks so much for the idea to make the I Spy bags in the bean bag size and also to add a picture so pre-readers can use them. They're very cute!

Tue Dec 07, 01:40:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

These are too cute! I've never thought of making them though... Thanks for sharing!

Tue Dec 07, 01:56:00 PM

 
Blogger Bargain Hoot said...

These are so cute!! I love them!! Now I'm trying to think of someone I can make them for.... hmmm

Tue Dec 07, 09:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

what a great idea! so cute!

Wed Dec 08, 05:09:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn Miyamoto said...

I love this! I always wanted to buy one for my daughter, but now I'm going to make one for her.

Wed Dec 08, 08:03:00 AM

 
Blogger Maple Park Cottage said...

So glad that you shared this, I'm going to make some - I had never seen this before, thanks for a great idea!!!

Wed Dec 08, 09:01:00 AM

 
Blogger Kaycee said...

Awesome! I think some Christmas themed I spy bags would make for great Holiday traveling! Thanks for sharing.

Wed Dec 08, 09:59:00 AM

 
Blogger Stefanie said...

What a fun idea! I have seen something like this for sale at Fat Brain Toys and never thought of making one. Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

Fri Dec 17, 01:31:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home