This Page

has been moved to new address

2 Weeks of Crockpot Meals

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: 2 Weeks of Crockpot Meals

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

1.21.2008

2 Weeks of Crockpot Meals

Well, because I have been MIA from blogging and well let's face it-everything else lately-I have 2 weeks that I haven't posted a crockpot meal on.

Here is what we are having tonight-courtesy of Toshya-sounds good!

Football Stew
1 lb. cooked Ground Beef of Browned Stew Meat
2 cups Cubed Potatoes
2 cups Baby Carrots
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 soup can full of water
1 pkg onion soup mix
Combine all ingredients together in crock pot and cook on low all day (like 6 to 8 hrs) or on high for 3-4.

Because that just sounds so super fatty with all the cream of soup in there-we opted for the reduced fat Healthy Choice Campbells soup-I'll let you know the verdict soon!
The verdict is in: We LOVED this stew-it is sooo stinkin cold right now-this totally hit the spot! The fat free soups didn't take away from the flavor at all-it was great!
And Amy-in response to your comment-"fat shmat", we all can't belong to a size 0-2 clothing swap and eat whatever we want even after having 3 kids like you-I sure love you and your skinny little behind too!

Last week was my choice, and ever since Jessica made this at a girls night-I have wanted a crock pot just so I could make this! (I took this straight from her blog-so thanks Jess!)

Sweet Pork

Pork loin (around 3 lbs)
1 can of coke
1 bottle of red taco sauce (mild or medium)
1 tbs of cumin
1 cup brown sugar

Cook pork in crockpot with some water on low for around 6 hours. Empty liquid and pull pork apart with fork. Add the ingredients above and cook for an additional 3 hours. Serve with tortillas and what ever else! Rice, beans, guac, salsa, etc.... YUM-O!

Since this makes quite a bit, I thought that later in the week you could make some delish taco salads with it-I love making taco salads with the actual taco salad bowls-shredded lettuce, some of this yummy pork and whatever other toppings you like and of course a spoonful of sour cream.
This was a big hit with the whole family-my sister and her husband don't like so much spice to it-so they only used a 1/2 tbs of cumin, and make sure you use the mild taco sauce-so if you don't like it spicy (which it isn't like burn your mouth hot-but it's got a kick) you can always do that.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie ODea said...

I like the coke idea a lot! I've heard that coke is a wonderful tendorizer. I'm going to bookmark this, thanks for the idea.
xoxo
steph

Mon Jan 21, 05:22:00 PM

 
Blogger A. Simpson said...

Mmmm I am drooling. I have made the Cafe Rio pork and oh baby, deelish! I halved it and it lasted for a while. Yummy leftovers.
On the football stew-I say, Fat schmat, bring it on.

Tue Jan 22, 01:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Goodman Family said...

Sounds yummy! I am going to make the stew this week.

Wed Jan 23, 10:06:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home