This Page

has been moved to new address

2 Weeks of Crockpot Meals

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: 2 Weeks of Crockpot Meals

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.


2 Weeks of Crockpot Meals

Well, because I have been MIA from blogging and well let's face it-everything else lately-I have 2 weeks that I haven't posted a crockpot meal on.

Here is what we are having tonight-courtesy of Toshya-sounds good!

Football Stew
1 lb. cooked Ground Beef of Browned Stew Meat
2 cups Cubed Potatoes
2 cups Baby Carrots
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 soup can full of water
1 pkg onion soup mix
Combine all ingredients together in crock pot and cook on low all day (like 6 to 8 hrs) or on high for 3-4.

Because that just sounds so super fatty with all the cream of soup in there-we opted for the reduced fat Healthy Choice Campbells soup-I'll let you know the verdict soon!
The verdict is in: We LOVED this stew-it is sooo stinkin cold right now-this totally hit the spot! The fat free soups didn't take away from the flavor at all-it was great!
And Amy-in response to your comment-"fat shmat", we all can't belong to a size 0-2 clothing swap and eat whatever we want even after having 3 kids like you-I sure love you and your skinny little behind too!

Last week was my choice, and ever since Jessica made this at a girls night-I have wanted a crock pot just so I could make this! (I took this straight from her blog-so thanks Jess!)

Sweet Pork

Pork loin (around 3 lbs)
1 can of coke
1 bottle of red taco sauce (mild or medium)
1 tbs of cumin
1 cup brown sugar

Cook pork in crockpot with some water on low for around 6 hours. Empty liquid and pull pork apart with fork. Add the ingredients above and cook for an additional 3 hours. Serve with tortillas and what ever else! Rice, beans, guac, salsa, etc.... YUM-O!

Since this makes quite a bit, I thought that later in the week you could make some delish taco salads with it-I love making taco salads with the actual taco salad bowls-shredded lettuce, some of this yummy pork and whatever other toppings you like and of course a spoonful of sour cream.
This was a big hit with the whole family-my sister and her husband don't like so much spice to it-so they only used a 1/2 tbs of cumin, and make sure you use the mild taco sauce-so if you don't like it spicy (which it isn't like burn your mouth hot-but it's got a kick) you can always do that.



Blogger Crockpot Lady said...

I like the coke idea a lot! I've heard that coke is a wonderful tendorizer. I'm going to bookmark this, thanks for the idea.

Mon Jan 21, 05:22:00 PM

Blogger Fab5 said...

Mmmm I am drooling. I have made the Cafe Rio pork and oh baby, deelish! I halved it and it lasted for a while. Yummy leftovers.
On the football stew-I say, Fat schmat, bring it on.

Tue Jan 22, 01:19:00 PM

Blogger Goodman Family said...

Sounds yummy! I am going to make the stew this week.

Wed Jan 23, 10:06:00 AM


Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home