This Page

has been moved to new address

DIY Cheeky Spare Key Holder

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: DIY Cheeky Spare Key Holder

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

8.09.2011

DIY Cheeky Spare Key Holder

My husband always is working on some car.

Whether it's a junker he's picked up off of Craigslist for a project...somebody who needs a timing belt done in the neighborhood...changing a body over...cleaning a motor...whatever.

He loves it.

I hate it.

I don't like the junkyard that accumulates in our yard...and how long it takes to get the junkers out of our yard once they make their way in.

I also don't like the pile of keys that always seem to end up in my kitchen...he hangs them up or puts them in a drawer...but ugh.

We kind of butt heads on this...a lot.

So I decided to stop being a nag about it...well at least try to bite my tongue a lot more.

I love my husband and have decided to support him in his "hobby" and try to 'cuten' it up as much as I can.

I went to Michaels and picked up a wood scrapbook frame, it will hold a 12x12 piece of art. I also picked up some pegs.
I picked out this cheeky little tile vinyl from ten23 that says, "Still Plays With Cars."
And I attached it to a 12x12 piece of cork board that I had on hand (you can pick up a 4 pack of these for pretty cheap at Wal-Mart).

Using the fabulous Gorilla Wood Glue I added a dab of glue to each peg before sticking it in the hole. Some of those key chains get pretty heavy. I let it dry for a bit and then (I forgot to take a picture of this step) used a small 1 1/4 inch DISCHanger on the back and let that dry.
It's hanging up in our garage now, and my hubby loves it.

He laughed when he saw it and realized I was making an effort to 'fix' our little on-going back and forth about the car situation, so it made him super happy. I got the keys out of my kitchen and he has a gets a reminder of how much I love him every time he hangs up another set of keys of the latest project he's working on. :)



This tutorial can be found in full over at the DIY Club

Be sure to go over and join the party-the prize packages are hard to beat! :)

Let's be friends!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home