This Page

has been moved to new address

Making Us Cuter Challenge

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Making Us Cuter Challenge

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

5.26.2011

Making Us Cuter Challenge

Thanks to all who are linking up with this each week! I love seeing your fashion inspiration, I really think about you when I get dressed in the morning-"remember how so and so wore that scarf?" or "how so and so wore those shoes with that skirt?"
It really inspires me to try to be a bit cuter because you are all so darn cute! :)

So I have to share with you this skirt this week-remember the lace dress I made last week? And how I had to give my first draft away because it was too small? Well it was too small for her too, but my friend Jaime made it into this FANTASTIC Shabby Apple inspired skirt, I am insisting that she make one for me now too-isn't it SO cute?This weeks inspiration photo was this one from Ruche.
Was anyone else inspired by this?It reminded me of a man's shirt made into a dress, so that's what I intended to do.
I searched my hubby's closet for something I could alter with no luck, so I went to Goodwill in search of a big and tall man's shirt-hopefully in some sort of blue plaid.
No luck again.
I did find a green gingham shirt that I really liked, though it wasn't big...so I decided to make it into a skirt instead of a dress.
I have seen that done a lot, so I wanted to add my own little cute twist and took inspiration from the photo again-see how the neck and front is another piece of the same fabric not lined up to match...I think it gives it a sweet almost hand made look itself-so I did mine like this...I also got a cute new necklace to review from Paper Trail Gallery. I got a TON of compliments on this as I ran errands around town. It's quite big, really sweet and stands out especially with a solid colored shirt. The lady at the grocery store loved it so much that she made me write down the site name so that she could get one herself...I hope she does, it really is cute don't you think?
I'll be giving away a set of 3 next Monday, so be sure to come back for that! :)

{Quick Thought: I am in desperate need of new necklaces to make my neck cuter...I have like 3 simple ones, and I wear them over and over again...my neck needs some variety! Does anyone have some suggestions for some sites to get some cute ones? Does anyone make any that they would like me to review? Leave me a comment or contact me letting me know your favorite shops...maybe we can get some giveaways going on here! }

This week I have been getting some inspiration from ads, and when I saw this cute outfit in my inbox yesterday from Boden, I was drawn to the cute pleated skirt, and the shape of it is so fun. I also love the shirt tucked in with the belt...this is a look I would really like to pull off.
What inspiration do you get from it, if any? Can you translate any of that inspiration into an outfit from your own closet or would you need to do some re-fashioning or shopping? Leave me a comment with your thoughts!
I'm going to try and stick to my own closet this week.
It will be a fun challenge I think.

Now it's time to show off what you've been wearing!
Link back here with this button or a text link so that others can find us! :)
Making





This is for FASHION related posts ONLY!
(If your link gets deleted read previous line again!)

When you're all done linking up here-go over and check out Me Me Me month over at Cook Clean Craft; Someone is guest posting over there today...I'll give you a hint; me me me. :)


Check out these cute sites to make your world cuter!
Save up to 50% off Mother's Day Gift Guide! Homepage 2 Dresses from Shabby Apple GlassesUSA 70% off retail prices

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home