This Page

has been moved to new address

Woo-Hoo Wednesday-Sarah from Restorative Living

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Woo-Hoo Wednesday-Sarah from Restorative Living

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

10.13.2010

Woo-Hoo Wednesday-Sarah from Restorative Living

I am on Maternity Leave from September 4th-October 18th: This post was contributed by Sarah at Restorative Living.

Hi to all of you Making the World Cuter readers! Can I just pause for a moment to say how unbelievably talented all of you are?! Tiffany’s linky parties are one of my favorite stops. I love seeing what all of you come up with every week!
I’m Sarah from Restorative Living and I've been looking forward to sharing this Cilantro Lime Rice recipe with you for a while now. It is hallelujah-chorus-delicious, and has become the answer to my tex-mex side dish quandary, which was previously limited to black beans, fiesta corn {eww!} and Mexican rice. All of those sides got very reluctant thumbs-up in this house, and were usually just pushed around our plates for most of the meal. But this little jewel of a side dish, well, it's a jewel!

Cilantro Lime Rice
Let me start by saying, I don't brave rice on the stove. It never works for me. My huge 12-cup counter-top rice cooker and I are kind of co-dependent.
There is one thing I always do, and that is chop fresh cilantro. You’ll find dried cilantro in my spice cabinet but it is only for cilantro emergencies. You just can't dishonor cilantro like that. To really be appreciated, it's got to be fresh. Mmmm...

For every 1½ cups of rice, add:
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons minced garlic (the lazy, keep-in-your-fridge kind)
Place your rice in the cooker, and add all of the ingredients on top. Add water to the line matching the number of cups of rice added. Push the cook button. You're done.
If you're not a lazy cook (like me) and like to zest limes and all that, you can instead use the juice and zest of 1 lime, and press 2 garlic cloves.
If you are cooking on the stovetop, add water to the lime juice to equal 3 cups of water. Bring water and juice to a boil, add all the ingredients, and return to a boil. Then cover, and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
If you've got a microwave rice cooker (I should probably mention that I accidentally set one of those things on fire in college), microwave all ingredients on high for 5 minutes, then medium for 20 minutes.
And because I can't help myself, I also add chopped fresh cilantro to the top before serving.
I hope you enjoy this Cilantro Lime Rice recipe! I have more recipes, DIY ideas, sewing how-to’s and general décor banter on my blog, restorativeliving.blogspot.com. I’d love for you to stop by!
Thanks again to Tiffany and all of you wonderful readers!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

What? I can't believe nobody has commented on this. Your recipe for cilantro rice sounds outstanding! I am going to go get some cilantro tomorrow and make it, I love the lime and cilantro taste, as does my husband, I have a feeling this will be a new FaVoRiTe!!! I have bookmarked it in my Recipe section.
Hugs, Cindy

Thu Oct 14, 12:03:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home