This Page

has been moved to new address

Woo-Hoo Wednesday-Oreo Cheesecake- Raegun Ramblings

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Woo-Hoo Wednesday-Oreo Cheesecake- Raegun Ramblings

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

10.06.2010

Woo-Hoo Wednesday-Oreo Cheesecake- Raegun Ramblings

I am on Maternity Leave from September 4th-October 12th: This post was contributed by Marissa at Raegun Ramblings

I'm Marissa from over at RaeGun Ramblings where I post about all kinds of crafts stuff, baby goodies that I make for my etsy shop and nieces, as well as my adventures in cooking. Today while Tiffany is enjoying her new little one I want to share one of my most complimented recipes my Oreo Cheesecake.

First off I cannot stress enough that you need to let your ingredients come to room temperature. Also don't bother using light or fake cream cheese and unless you have high quality artisan cream cheese use Philadelphia cream cheese the taste is worth the extra fat, cost, and time.

For the Crust
1 1/2 (about 1.5 C) packs of chocolate graham crackers (crushed)
1/3 C Butter (melted)


For Cheesecake
3-8 oz pkgs Cream Cheese (use philidephia and make sure it's room temp or it won't turn out)
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 C Sugar
3 Eggs (room temp)
3 Tbls Lemon Juice
1 Tbl Vanilla

15-20 Oreos chopped
Chocolate Topping (for ice cream)





The Steps


  • Bring cream cheese and eggs to room temp (this will take 2-3 hours). Don't skip this step.

  • Break up the graham crackers (I like to stick them in a ziplock and mush).

  • Melt the butter and mix with the graham cracker crumbs. Press them into a springform pan.

  • Beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.

  • Add sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice until well combined.

  • Add eggs one by one until combined.

  • Pour 1/3 of mixture into springform pan.

  • Sprinkle a third of the oreos.

  • Repeat with another 1/3 of cream cheese mix and oreo two more times then top with the rest of the cream cheese mix. Reserve a 1/3 of the oreos for the top.

  • Heat a dish while preheating the oven and pour hot water in the dish when you stick the cheesecake in. Bake at 300F with steam for 1 hour and 15 minutes (until outside is set but inside is still jiggly).

  • Let cool in the oven with door closed for at least 2 hours

  • Refrigerate for at least 4 hours I think overnight is best, the texture and taste are much better when it's colder

  • Top with oreos and drizzle chocolate topping before serving.

  • Cut with a knife rinsed with hot water between each slice



If you like this you might like my want to check out my turtle cheesecake and my copy of Cheesecake Factory's White Chocolate Blueberry Cheesecake. Let me know if you try it. Enjoy.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This looks soooooo yummy! Fantastic recipe!

Wed Oct 06, 05:20:00 AM

 
Blogger marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

It is so yummy Tammy you totally should try it it'll make everyone love you ;)

Wed Oct 06, 08:59:00 AM

 
Blogger Julie @ Wally and Jules said...

This looks AMAZING! I was just telling DH that I was getting tired of my plain old cheesecakes and that I needed something with a little punch! I think I found it! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Wed Oct 06, 09:52:00 AM

 
Blogger Erin @ The Little Apartment said...

Holy Moly, you had me at Oreo... but then you said CHEESECAKE!

Thu Oct 14, 08:58:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home