This Page

has been moved to new address

Making the World Cuter with Crystal's Craft Spot

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Making the World Cuter with Crystal's Craft Spot

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

9.23.2010

Making the World Cuter with Crystal's Craft Spot

I am on Maternity Leave from September 4th-October 12th: This post was contributed by Crystal at Crystal's Craft Spot.

Hi Everyone! I am so excited to be guest blogging for Tiffany today. I love her blog and find her projects so inspiring.


I am Crystal from Crystal's Craft Spot. Its my little spot to share my current craft projects, tutorials, recipes, and ideas I want to use in the future. Every Wednesday I host a new Craft Challenge and every Friday is Feature Friday where you can link up any of your projects you've been working on. I hope you'll come join me.




Here are some of my favorite projects you will find on my blog: Family Motto, Easy Wall Art, fabric high chair, and Pink Desk Makeover



Okay now for the fun part. I had a really hard time coming up with a project I wanted to share with you.

I had a brilliant idea (or so I thought it was). I was going to make a candy corn pillow. After two tries it just wasn't pretty and not what I had envisioned BUT this fun pillow came to me instead. So instead of an actually candy corn pillow I now have a pretty pillow inspired by candy corns...I love it so much more.





Want to make one?


Cut out 4 4"x4" squares from orange and yellow fabric. I then Cut out 8 4"x4" squares from white. Arrange in the pattern you want.




Start with your first row and pin your first two fabric right sides together and sew. Add the next piece of fabric and continue until you have all 4 pieces sewn together.




It should look like this when your done. Continue with each row.




Now you're going to pin your first and second row right sides together and sew.


Continue until you have all four rows sewn together. It should look like this.




For the back:


Cut out 1 15"x4" pieces from your yellow and orange fabric. Pin the long sides right sides together and sew.




Cut your white fabric 15"x7.5". Pin to your yellow and orange fabric piece with right sides together and sew.




You now have your front and back pieces done.




Pin them right sides together and sew around. I curved the corners and make sure you leave an opening to pull through.




Clip the corners if you curved them and pull it through. Stuff it and sew the opening closed with a needle and thread.




Now enjoy a little bit of fall with your candy corn "inspired" pillow. My little one loves it and wouldn't let go when I wanted to take a picture.


The front




the back (may be my favorite)




and the best part is its even soft.




Come by Crystal's Craft Spot anytime for more crafts and tutorial. Thanks again for letting me stop by. Its been a lot of fun!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger kati said...

I love it!!! So cute!

Thu Sep 23, 11:11:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Very pretty! I like it because it can be for Halloween and for Thanksgiving or Autumn in general. Beautiful job!

Thu Sep 23, 05:18:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home