This Page

has been moved to new address

Making the World Cuter Monday & Blog Swap with The Girl Creative

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Making the World Cuter Monday & Blog Swap with The Girl Creative

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

5.10.2010

Making the World Cuter Monday & Blog Swap with The Girl Creative

Hope everyone had a great Mothers Day! I know I did, my husband and kids treated me like a queen all day with lots of yummy treats and time to rest, not to mention lots of sweet hugs and kisses! After you read the cuteness from Diana from The Girl Creative, then be sure to link up your cute projects-then if you don't already zip on over there and link up to her "Just Something I whipped Up" party! Have a great Monday and keep it cute! -Tiff

Hello!!!! It's Diana from The Girl Creative! I'm so excited to be taking over the Making the World Cuter linky party today. It's always so much fun meeting new people and seeing just how creative they all are. :)

Here are somethings you may (or may not) want to know about me:

  • I'm a Jesus lovin' girl who happens to be married to a hunky police officer and together we have 2 very silly little girls.
  • I L.O.V.E fountain soda....diet coke to be exact. I can drink it at any given time of the day.
  • Sometimes I'm random
  • I love to laugh but love to make other people laugh even more.
  • I've always lived in NY and have only had 3 addresses in my whole life.
  • I love making homemade cookie dough and then eating it.
  • My favorite TV shows are Lost, Flash Forward and Chuck.
About the blog: At The Girl Creative I blog about little crafty projects that I do around the house. I'm kind of like a Jill of all trades, master of none type of girl. I like to try my hand at just about anything crafty and if my attempts come out decent enough, then I share them over at TGC. If not, I pretend I've been too busy to do anything productive. (wink wink).
  • Every Monday at TGC we have a fun linky party called Just Something I Whipped Up where my readers can link up to projects they've been working on.

The Girl Creative
  • Every Tuesday we host Teach Me Tuesday where our readers submit tutorials to share and I post them dubbing them as an official "Girl Creative"



  • On Fridays we have a super cool party called New Friend Friday. It's a great way to make some new bloggy friends and to gain exposure for your blog. You may even get a few new followers while you're at it and who doesn't love that?


We also have a Giveaway Guide for people to list their current giveaway. Each month a new list is generated and bloggers can link up.



When I'm not hosting blog parties and avoiding laundry I do blog design so if you are in need of a bloggy makeover, I'm your girl. :)

Okay, enough of my babbling, let's show you some fun projects I've worked on in the past. My most recent creation is 2 little dresses I made for my girls. I just learned about shirring and had to give it a whirl. They came out cute, I think.

Trying to keep my daughter's artwork on display, I made these adorable personalized clipboard from dollar store supplies


Needing to soothe (and buff) that sore and dry winter skin, I made this sugar scrub that absolutely works like a charm:


Needing to feed my addiction for blowing off housework, I sewed up this little pleated purse just because:


Still avoiding housework, here are some ruffled dish towels and some washable swiffers. Of course I felt justified in my slacking off because I DID make stuff that would be helpful once I finally got myself moving! That has to count for something, right?




Thanks so much for letting me come and share a bit of my world with you. I hope you come by The Girl Creative and join in on all the fun. :)



Share the love! :)...
Making


Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Sharon@Keen Inspirations said...

Thank you for hosting the party! I apprecitate the opportunity to share my projects and meet new people!
Sharon@Keeninspirations

Mon May 10, 06:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Sharon@Keen Inspirations said...

Thank you for hosting the party! I apprecitate the opportunity to share my projects and meet new people!
Sharon@Keeninspirations

Mon May 10, 06:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I learned a lot about the Girl Creative that I didn't know. Great projects as well. Love the dish towels and the homemade swiffer.

Mon May 10, 06:59:00 AM

 
Blogger HoosierHomemade said...

Thanks so much for hosting! I'm a newbie this week!
I'm hopping over to BlogFrog too!
Did you enter our Mother's Day Extravaganza for tons of prizes?
~Liz

Mon May 10, 07:02:00 AM

 
Blogger Brittany@Love Stitched said...

Thanks for the linky party! It was nice to learn more about Diana :)

Mon May 10, 07:16:00 AM

 
Blogger Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

Thanks so much for hosting! I always love it when I see familiar faces in blog swaps. :)

Have a great day!
Amy

Mon May 10, 07:27:00 AM

 
Blogger Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

Love your blog - thanks for hosting!

Mon May 10, 10:06:00 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

Can you please remove the entry called "Garter for Prom"? I have temporarily remove it from my blog and am not sure if I will be putting it back up. Thank you and sorry for the trouble.

Mon May 10, 10:29:00 AM

 
Blogger Holly Lefevre said...

Thanks for hosting...finally itmeto DIY again!

Mon May 10, 03:27:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow...I thought that I was the only person who came up with craft-projects to blow off house-work! LOL!
Last night, I really didn't want to wash dishes, so I grabbed my daughters old receiving blankets, and made her a new dress. LOL

Tue May 11, 12:33:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home