This Page

has been moved to new address

Glider Makeover

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Glider Makeover

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

5.12.2010

Glider Makeover

I realized I never showed my Glider Makeover on my blog, and I am still so in love with it after about 6 months of having it this way.
Let me first show you the before....This glider has been around a long time, it was Chad's moms first, and she had already made these slip covers for it. As you can see, it had been colored on and all manner of things had made their way to the not so attractive covers.
First we spray painted the chair with white to cuten it up a bit.
Then my hubs found this great fabric, and I made new covers using the other slip cover as a template. I used buttons instead of a zipper which just makes me happy. You can see my covers are a little tight, I've said it before-I'm not expert seamstress! But they work great!
I felt pretty proud of myself for figuring out how to do all of this on my own-isn't that just pretty?See how it just fits so lovely on the chair-not bad for my first time around on reupholstering something huh? (Don't answer that if you are an expert, I'm sure you can see many mistakes!)Here she is all done, and pretty. This chair makes me smile every time I walk into my living room. Someday it might make its way into a baby's room, but for now, I like it being the center of attention!

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

Oooh, that's really cute! I recovered our rocking chair but never completely finished- our covers are just folded & tucked on... maybe someday I'll get around to sewing them!

Wed May 12, 11:33:00 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

wow. that looks great! it makes me want to re-do my glider. great fabric!!

Wed May 12, 11:36:00 AM

 
Blogger Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

The fabric makes it pop!
Sarah

Wed May 12, 11:40:00 AM

 
Blogger Rebecca Orr said...

You did so good! I love it! :)

Wed May 12, 01:30:00 PM

 
Blogger Trista said...

Wow, looks great. My mother in law did the same thing for me with an old glider she had. She painted it white and my covers are pink,green stripes. It matches the nursery perfect but I let it be the center of attention in the living room. You did a great job
I am giving you the versatile blogger award
here is the link
http://novicemommie.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-bad-day-turned-good.html

Wed May 12, 01:42:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow I really like that! The fabric is TDF! Can you tell me who makes it or where you got it?

Wed May 12, 02:28:00 PM

 
Blogger Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

I've gotta start doing this to some of my furniture. I'm so impressed!

Wed May 12, 05:46:00 PM

 
Blogger Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

stunning!

Wed May 12, 06:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn Miyamoto said...

Wow!! It looks SO good! You did a great job.
Jenn

Wed May 12, 06:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Crafty Mommy Diva said...

Wow that's fabulous! Great choices in fabric and paint.

Wed May 12, 09:52:00 PM

 
Blogger Cindy said...

What a makeover! I love the fabric your husband picked out...he's a keeper! and yes, you did an awesome job!

Thu May 13, 05:24:00 AM

 
Blogger LoveReignsHere said...

Very nice!! Love it! I am impressed with the way you got the fern leaves to line up from one pillow t the next. Great job!

Thu May 13, 07:13:00 AM

 
Blogger Beverly said...

I love it! I've got an old rocking chair that I love and it needs reupholstering but I'm afraid to try. I may just have to give it a go. Yours looks heavenly.

Thu May 13, 08:37:00 AM

 
Blogger The Robin's Nest said...

Wow, that is so cute! I'm really impressed.

Thu May 13, 01:28:00 PM

 
Blogger Sweet European Dreams said...

I just saw this - it's beautiful! Now I think I should have kept my glider!

Thu May 13, 06:32:00 PM

 
Blogger J. Paige said...

Adorable!

Fri May 14, 10:58:00 AM

 
Blogger Niki said...

Wow what a difference!!! You did an awesome job!! It looks absolutely incredible!!

Sat May 15, 04:17:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home