This Page

has been moved to new address

Three Things Thursday (on Friday)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Three Things Thursday (on Friday)

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

4.09.2010

Three Things Thursday (on Friday)

So is everyone else getting the urge to spring clean or is it just me?
Yesterday, I went upstairs to the "disaster zone" otherwise known as the kids' bedrooms and play loft and de-cluttered, reorganized and got rid of three HUGE boxes of toys that the kids either have grown out of or don't play with anymore.

The key to doing this was the reorganization, because if I had kept things in their original places my 6 year old would be able to spot what was missing instantly. Instead she cried for about 15 minutes over the mystery toys. When she couldn't figure out anything that was missing, she actually pitched in, helping me go through the things that they had grown out of.

Now I just need to decide what to do with all of them! Donate? My husband wants to do a yard sale this summer, but that just sounds like a lot of work to me, plus pulling all those toys out again, might make me want to keep some, or the kids will see some that they want to keep...I think donating is the easiest and best way to keep the clutter away.

Okay that's not even one of my three things, but it is why I was preoccupied all day yesterday, and why I didn't get to post about the three new things in my life. And when my Friendly Friday Feature fell through for the day, I got my chance! :)

#1 Blog Frog Community! I have had a blog frog account forever, but never did anything with it, but with all they new hype and the new look-I decided to give it a chance! So much fun!

Not to mention the fact that one of my bestest bloggin, tweetin, facebookin friends, Kim from a little blog known as Today's Creative Blog wants me to be a leader in her community, and rewarded me with a premium membership for doing so. So you can find me there, and in my community.
Haven't signed up yet? It's a great way to get your blog noticed, and make some new bloggy friends, or get to know your existing bloggy friends better!

#2 Toothless It's amazing how old this is making me feel. My sweet little girl, who was a baby like yesterday...lost her top two teeth over the weekend and now has a funny little lisp when she says her s's. Her bottom two teeth fell out last year, and the two on the sides of those are very loose. Time flies, especially with her. Is it just because she's my oldest? One minute I'm changing her diaper, the next she is losing her teeth, and I know it will seem like a blink before she is getting her first training bra! Aaarrrgh!
#3 Bob Buttons This little girl bunny here (the name is from Friends, and makes my before mentioned daughter crazy that I named a girl Bob, which makes it all the more fun, love torturing my children!) is my present for Easter.
We actually bought her a couple days before, because we went to the store to buy some things for Bekah's guinea pig, and she was there with her cute floppy ears and climbing up the glass for me to pet her.
She is the calmest, sweetest little thing.
She shares a cage with the guinea pig and is litter trained, which I didn't know before I bought her-so she has only peed on my husband after she started freaking out which she never does, so now we know when she starts acting squirmy it's time to put her back in the cage.
I always had bunnies when I was a kid but none have been as sweet and cuddly as this little girl. She even cuddles right up to Porter, my very loud one year old, and puts her nose right up to his. We are all a little smitten with her, so she doesn't get left alone that often-but she doesn't seem to mind that.

What 3 things are new in your world?
Any spring cleaning going on where you live?

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Tasha said...

Lets see three knew things in my life?? 1. I am currently working on some fun bibs, birpclothes, and baby hair accessories for my sisters sister in law. Kind of fun. 2. Prepping for my soon to be sister in laws bridal shower tomorrow. 3. Chasing a cute 1 year old who is loving everything in life.

Fri Apr 09, 03:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Elizabeth {sunny bug} said...

Great blog...found you on Blog Frog. I will be checking in often because we all need a way to make our world cuter! ~~Liz

http://sunnybugworld.blogspot.com/

Fri Apr 09, 04:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Kendra said...

Thanks for following Key Lime Blog Design on blogfrog! Isn't blog frog great!
-Kendra
www.keylimedesigns.blogspot.com

Fri Apr 09, 04:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Deborah said...

There is a lot of spring cleaning going on at my house. I even decided after organizing things in my bedroom, that I should paint the walls...so off to the paint store I went for 2 gallons of paint. It is what my husband calls 'one thing leads to another' syndrome. :)
Three things going on is:
1. I have been creating cards and making tea cup pincushions for my little store called 'Through The Garden Gate'.
2. I am thinking about what new plants i would like in my flower garden and deciding which ones to divide and plant else where.
3. I will be volunteering this summer to work at a food pantry and family enrichment center in my area. I am deciding what classes I want to teach to the young mothers. Card making and scrapbooking will be two of them...I am unsure of the others.

You have a very nice blog. Glad to meet you. Thanks for following. Be blessed. :D

Fri Apr 09, 04:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Found you on BlogFrog! I have some heavy duty cleaning planned for the weekend. To get motivated when I clean, I turn on HGTV all day and watch room makeover shows!

Thanks for making the world cuter!

Fri Apr 09, 04:29:00 PM

 
Blogger Allison Shops said...

Toothless is so cute, and Bob Buttons is adorable!

Fri Apr 09, 05:20:00 PM

 
Blogger Brow Raised Beauty said...

Thanks for finding me on BlogFrog - I'm new and trying to navigate better:)

Well, 3 things that are new are: Potty Training, Potty Training, Potty Training.
As for spring cleaning, I'm trying to get to my scary areas bit by bit (the bathroom cabinets, under the kid's beds, you know the drill...). And I guess if I'm potty training, there's the issue of carpet cleaning!
I'd love if you followed my blog:) http://browraisedbeauty.blogspot.com
xBRB

Fri Apr 09, 07:46:00 PM

 
Blogger Nishant said...

I will be checking in often because we all need a way to make our world cuter
indian classified site

Fri Apr 09, 08:36:00 PM

 
Blogger Julie Fox said...

Bekah is growing up too fast! Cute pictures. Thanks for sharing :-)

Fri Apr 09, 11:05:00 PM

 
Blogger Diane Schmidt said...

Love your blog and you are certainly making the world cuter! If you care to share your template I'd love to change mine to something similar and haven't figured that part out yet :)

Three new things: I just did a makeover in my kitchen above the cabinets and I'm so happy with it :)
I love seeing my rose tree bloom this week yellow and pink. I just finished making chocolate strawberry scones and couldn't be happier with the result.

I look forward to reading more of you blog. What an adorable bunny!

Sat Apr 10, 01:02:00 AM

 
Blogger Lori Anderson said...

What a great and cute blog! I found you through the BlogFrog. Congrats on your new and improved community and being a leader for Kim's. I look forward to seeing you around the BlogFrog Community.
All the Best,
Lori (the BlogFrog)

Sat Apr 10, 03:57:00 PM

 
Blogger Rachel Garcia said...

Nooooo... My kitchen is getting more cluttered since April convinced me it was a good idea to share a table with you and her and Jamie at that stupid rummage sale so I am makinig hair flowers and little braclets!! uuggh shoot me now!

Sat Apr 10, 04:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

I'm not getting so much the urge to spring clean as I do one room a month year round. What I'm getting the urge to do is play in the dirt and plant my garden.
Blessings,
Nancy

Sun Apr 11, 03:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Rachel@MyPinkFlipFlops said...

Gah I so want a bunny! Too cute! Hmm...3 things. Nothing new right now. Lots of cleaning in general as we are getting ready for a move!

Mon Apr 12, 04:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

My what a little cutie!! I love the toothless grin, and it sure brings back fond memories. My oldest girl turned 21 today.

Fun blog!!

Mon Apr 12, 05:51:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home