This Page

has been moved to new address

Furniture Blues (Reds, Yellows and Browns)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Furniture Blues (Reds, Yellows and Browns)

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

4.15.2010

Furniture Blues (Reds, Yellows and Browns)

I have a couple pieces of old furniture here that I need to get to refinishing-one is an old sewing cabinet that I picked up for $5 at the Goodwill that has a ton of potential.

Another is a record/8-track cabinet that still has the electronics in it, but I want to rip those out and make it more into a corner TV stand, with a media cabinet below.

The problem I am having is my husband. He is so supportive and helps me with everything I want to do, but he really just wants to stain them-he said I could stain them whatever color I like but....

I want to paint one bright yellow and the other bright red and then glaze them. Especially the sewing cabinet since it has all these carved curves in it. I think they will be way cuter bright and funky.

He thinks that I will get them done, love them for a week or so and then want to stain them anyway. (I don't see that happening!)

Does anyone have a piece of furniture that they went all funky on and thought they would love it, but then it was just too much?

I didn't think so! :)

But just in case...what do you think? Should I be conservative and just go with the stain, or should I let my wild child have what my heart really (thinks) it wants?

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I turned a t.v. stand that was wood painted a reddish brown color into an AQUA masterpiece. I never thought *I* would enjoy aqua furniture, but it's fabulous and looks great.
There is no turning back. Just go for it!

Thu Apr 15, 11:16:00 AM

 
Blogger Hammond Bride said...

I had an old dresser that I wanted to sand down and stain. We sanded for hours only to realize the top wasn't wood at all but laminate. So we painted it fun and crazy colors and I love it! When I got married and we combined houses I refused to get rid of the dresser or paint it to match the new home. We re-decorated everything to match the dresser!

Thu Apr 15, 12:24:00 PM

 
Blogger Cottage Dreamers said...

I'm one of those people that always prefers paint over stain, so I say go for it! You only live once!
☺ Celeste

Thu Apr 15, 03:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Colette said...

Go for it, Be wild and crazy

Thu Apr 15, 07:21:00 PM

 
Blogger Mama Baer | 1.2.3.4.5 said...

PAINT!!!

Thu Apr 15, 09:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Sherri said...

I didn't go too 'funky' but I did paint my sewing table a color. Green! It's used as a side table in my kitchen and I LOVE the pop of color. It was my 1st time using something other than black/white. Posted on my blog. So I say GO FOR IT!

Fri Apr 16, 05:17:00 AM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

I got a china cabinet off Craigslist that I intended to sand and stain. I got the urge, painted it bright orange (pumpkin?) to "go" with the bright turquoise chairs in the dining room.

I move from FL to CA and left the cabinet behind. Too much! If I had stained it, I'd probably still have it today.

Mon Apr 26, 04:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home