This Page

has been moved to new address

Toot Toot Tuesday-In-Law-Inspiration

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Toot Toot Tuesday-In-Law-Inspiration

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

3.23.2010

Toot Toot Tuesday-In-Law-Inspiration

While we were in Utah we stayed with Chad's beautiful sister and her adorable family.
This is actually where we usually stay when we go visit.
First of all...because they let us! :)
Secondly-they have kids all of my kids' ages, so they get to play with cousins non stop.
And lastly because we feel so welcome and at home in their BEAUTIFUL home.
It doesn't hurt that Grandma lives in their basement apartment and spoils the kids, and us rotten daily with her yummy cooking and willingness; make that actually wanting to babysit 24-7.
Well I love looking into other peoples' homes, (especially when they have good taste), so I thought I'd show you just a glimpse, actually just a room of her house, so you can see how dang cute it is.
Let me introduce them first-this is the ginormous canvas photo they have above their mantle, taken by their very talented neighbor over the beautiful rock fireplace that Chad's brother who is a super talented mason, did. This is them and 4 of their 5 children; baby Bree just came home from the hospital the Saturday before we left.
She finds the coolest stuff to fill beautiful jars up with. I know this is just potpourri, but it is beautiful potpourri.
This vase is a new addition, it is very tall, probably about 3 1/2 feet. It totally inspired me to make a knock off of it though. Don't you think I could with some cork paper, paint and a skinny box of some sort? Or even make a box out of a piece of ply-wood? I think it's so pretty!
This is so pretty just sitting on her dining room table all by its lonesome. I love the color of the pears against the black stain on her table.
This is a view of the living room, cozy and beautiful. I love the tree painting, it's on like a piece of metal or something, so it has a really cool shimmery effect. I am so making one myself! Heck maybe several! I kind buy a huge sheet of metal and do a whole bunch of them!
Also that cabinet with the arches? I know I can't make that, but I want it!
So I hope that you enjoyed the tour of her living room, and found some kind of inspiration in it.
Just in case you're interested, I know she got the couches and the bookshelf at RCWilley (a furniture store in Utah), the couches are like a corduroy texture, super comfy and have already had lipstick and all sorts of markers on them and have cleaned right off. My kind of couches for sure. :)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Alisa said...

I love the canvas photo on the mantle. The rustic location of the photo so fits the look of the fireplace. Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing, it's always fun to peek into others homes.

Tue Mar 23, 03:49:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

It is a beautiful home...and I love the vases - great...

Tue Mar 23, 05:12:00 PM

 
Blogger So Sunny Day said...

lovely ideas. I was totally entranced looking at the photos and reading the comments that i just blew through a half bag of chips! ahhh!!! so long diet :)
thanks for the inspiration in the photos :)

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Tue Mar 23, 05:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

Very very pretty! Love her style! Thanks for sharing!

~Morgan

http://meetvirginiaandroo.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MeetVirginiaShop

Tue Mar 23, 07:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Carrie Cooper said...

Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

I stumbled across your blog--what an awesome site! You take great pictures (the lighting is great and I can see the details). My favorite idea is the pear jar but I wonder if they get moldy sitting in there too long?

Tue Mar 23, 08:52:00 PM

 
Blogger Erica said...

I love the tree painting on the metal sheet too! Did your SIL make it herself? Can she (or you) give some instrustions on how to do that?

Wed Mar 24, 11:07:00 AM

 
Blogger tim and priscilla said...

So I have a challenge for you... I keep getting phone books delivered all the time and it goes in the recycle bin right away. Can you come up with something creative using those big phone books?

Thu Mar 25, 10:55:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home