This Page

has been moved to new address

Friendly Friday-A Vision to Remember-by I am only 1 woman

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Friendly Friday-A Vision to Remember-by I am only 1 woman

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

2.19.2010

Friendly Friday-A Vision to Remember-by I am only 1 woman

How fun that it's Friday!
I am swapping with Bobbie today-and I couldn't be happier!
She has had such fun projects lately that make me want to pull out my sewing machine-and the project she is sharing today is so dang cute!
I want to make them for all of my cute little nieces!
After you are done checking out her tutorial here, come over to her blog and say hi to me! :)

Bobbie....
Hello! I am excited to be blog swapping with Tiffany today. I am Bobbie with A Vision to Remember by I am only 1 woman.

Here are a couple of things that I have made over at my blog:

Tutorial for a Stroller Caddy (this also works great for those Umbrella Strollers or shopping carts. You can even use it for an apron)
Wired Ribbon Flower Tutorial

Faux Buttons tutorial
I also make clothing for my 2 girlies a lot.

I also sew a ton of blankets (isn't my girl just adorable :)

Today I am going to share with you a simple thing you can do with metal or wooden letters.

My husband brought these letters home from a demo job that they did a couple of months ago. He immediately thought that I could spruce them up for our little girls (both of their names start with an A)Then I found these garlands of beads (you know those cheap mardi gras beads) at Michaels for $.20 each. I knew exactly what I could do with them

You will need some hot glue, some beads (you could also use black beans or something similar), large letters (I know that craft stores have these letters in wood, they would work great)

Glue the beads to the letter. I found that the best way to do this is to outline the letter with the beads, then fill in rest of the letter.
I even put beads on the sides (but not the bottom cause I don't know if I am going to have these stand up by themselves)

Spray paint the letters (and yes I could not wait til spring to do this :). I used regular spray paint and it started to peel off. I would recommend using plastic spray paint so this does not happen to you. You could also prime them first.
Now you have some really cute letters. Now what to do with those really cute letters?

I hope to see you around! Thanks again for swapping blogs with me and I hope to see you all on Saturday for the Check me out saturday link party!

Check me out Saturdays







Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Bird said...

Soo cute Bobbie!

Love the letters!!

Fri Feb 19, 05:01:00 AM

 
Blogger avisiontoremember said...

Thanks BIRD :) And thanks to Tiffany for swapping blogs with me. Her idea is just fabulous :)

Fri Feb 19, 07:48:00 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

Those bead letters are awesome, ER would love one in her room. Creative use of those beads, love it.

Fri Feb 19, 10:46:00 AM

 
Blogger Anny said...

Cuteness! My initials are AAA so I especially loved the set ;)

Fri Feb 19, 02:13:00 PM

 
Anonymous Sean Taft said...

How unique!

Fri Feb 19, 04:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Megan Gunyan said...

This is very cute! I have a list of projects that need spray paint, but I'm waiting for warmer weather to tackle them. Maybe I'll take a page from your book and paint our snow instead! Great job!

Fri Feb 19, 05:56:00 PM

 
Blogger Niki Jolene said...

Adorable with a capital A!

Sat Feb 20, 10:49:00 PM

 
Blogger Kim at Polka Dot Thought said...

New to your blog, glad I stumbled on by! The letters are adorable--look time consuming, but the end result is cute! Stop by my blog sometime :)

Sun Feb 21, 02:01:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home