This Page

has been moved to new address

Toot Toot Tuesday-TicTacToe Board

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Toot Toot Tuesday-TicTacToe Board

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

1.05.2010

Toot Toot Tuesday-TicTacToe Board

I have been trying to come up with something for this little wooden plaque that I bought for less than a dollar at some craft store forever ago! You can find these just about anywhere, and I don't know what I had in mind when I bought it, but it has been sitting in my craft cubbies for ages.
Mine is painted pink, I think I must have been bored one day...or had extra pink paint on a tray or something!
My two older kids have really been into playing tic-tac-toe lately, and I thought I'd save some paper, and make them a re-usable board to play on.
First I painted over the top of that ghastly pink with chalkboard paint.
I left the groove pink, and painted the edges with the black.
Then I took some white contact paper and used the grids to cut out a piece big enough for my cricut mat.
Then I let that cute little insect cut out the words tic tac and toe to put across the top (in the All Mixed Up font in a 1 inch setting).
You could also use white paint and just hand paint or use a stencil instead of the "vinyl".I then cut 4 strips of the contact paper with scissors, purposely making them a little crazy to go with the look of it, and just stuck those on there as the playing board.After I had the front all done, I cut 3 squares of felt.I used my sewing machine to make a small little pouch, you could hand sew this or even hot glue it together.Then I used a hot glue gun to attach the pouch to the back of the board. I put a piece of chalk in the pouch and the third piece of felt to use as an eraser, so that I don't have tissues or paper towels being wasted for that.Turn it around and you have yourself a fun little game to play whenever and wherever.
This would be a fun thing to take for road trips, and it's something your kids could help you make for birthday presents for their friends or siblings for cheap.
Plus it fits easily on the bookshelf when not in use, or you could attach a ribbon and hang it on the wall.

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Krystal said...

aww, what an awesome idea! can't wait to make one!

Tue Jan 05, 06:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love it - so simple, right up my alley!

Tue Jan 05, 07:03:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a cute idea! I think I'm going to have to make one for my boys.

Tue Jan 05, 08:39:00 AM

 
Anonymous Craftzilla said...

Very cute! I got a Cricut for Christmas, so this gives me a great excuse to play with it.

Tue Jan 05, 09:33:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool tute! love it, so simple, Definitely would be great in the car or in your diaper bag to keep big kids entertained at docs visits. :)

Tue Jan 05, 11:07:00 AM

 
Blogger Vanessa Washburn said...

that's a great idea. I love the font.

Tue Jan 05, 12:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

SO! SO! SO! C.U.T.E.!!! I love the pocket on the back.

Thanks for the insperation!

Tue Jan 05, 02:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

I love it, great tutorial, as usual. So did you use the contact paper as a stencil or is that what the letters are cut out of? I just got a Cricut for Christmas and am learning the ins and outs of it.

Tue Jan 05, 08:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Chic Mommy said...

very cute. I got a cricut too for christmas. Im gonna bust it open tomorrow and try it

Tue Jan 05, 08:26:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anne @ Floralshowers Crafts said...

Your blog is so cute! I have really enjoyed looking at all the fun ideas and projects... I really love chalk board paint...I have wanted to use it on something for a really long time.

Wed Jan 06, 07:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Lori said...

Love it!!! What a cool idea.

I'm having a party on Thursday's called "Get your Craft On" and i would love for you to join me on Thursday's...

Mon Jan 11, 09:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Marianne said...

Great idea! I bet your kids love this and smart thinking about adding the extra felt for erasing!

Mon Jan 11, 12:33:00 PM

 
Blogger Lori E said...

Ooops. Found my way here via Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch but I see you haven't put a link back to her Met Monday on here. I am sure she would appreciate the link back as is customary.

Mon Jan 11, 03:02:00 PM

 
Blogger Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

What a cute idea!
Great job.

~Amy

Mon Jan 11, 04:46:00 PM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

great idea, and I LOVE the hint of pink left behind from your boredom! :)

Mon Jan 11, 08:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Super cute, as usual. I wouldn't expect anything less from you! :)

Tue Jan 12, 03:44:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Mon Mar 22, 01:22:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home