This Page

has been moved to new address

Toot Toot Tuesday-Cute Rules

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Toot Toot Tuesday-Cute Rules

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

1.19.2010

Toot Toot Tuesday-Cute Rules


Thanks for all the cuteness yesterday, I can't wait for a quiet hour or so to peruse them today, and find a few of my favorites!

The tutorial for today is just a simple one that I needed to do for my son...
I made this "rules" framed "artwork" for my daughter ages ago, and it has been hanging cutely on her wall ever since. 

Well my 3 year old is really into super heroes lately, and for some reason has turned into sort of a monster kid the last couple months. He seems to wake up grumpy and hasn't been all that good at sharing or controlling his temper, hopefully it's a phase.
So I decided to make him a little reminder for his wall.
I took a frame, paint and some white card stock cut to fit...
Painted the frame blue, leaving some of the wood showing through, just because I'm like that....and started painting some bright "super hero-ish" colors across my paper...

Then I wrote what real super hero's do on the paint with my trusty Sharpie, (seriously what would my life be without sharpies...I shudder to think!).
And voila! It's already helped improve his attitude, and when he catches himself doing something off of this list, he makes sure to point out that it's because he's a super hero.

I thought the family could use some "rules" as well, after seeing a few family-rule canvases floating around, and decided to put my spin on it...
I had some paneling pieces, so I took one small piece and painted it gray. Took some of my go-to 7gypsies paper, and cut it into strips to fit the larger strips on the paneling.

I then mod-podged those to the panel.

After that, I used white paint and painted over the middle of each strip, used my good-old sharpie again and came up with this...

(the picture is not great, as I took it last night right before bed, but you get the idea)
I drilled holes in the top so I can hang it with wire, as soon as I can get to it, it will match my Valentines Decorations so nicely! 



Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger seven thirty three said...

Oooh! I love these. You have the perfect handwriting for this... I don't think I would like mine, I would have to do it on the computer! :)

Tue Jan 19, 05:38:00 AM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

these are super cute and such a great idea!

Tue Jan 19, 05:51:00 AM

 
Blogger Pam said...

Those are super cute I am so stealing this idea

Tue Jan 19, 06:06:00 AM

 
Blogger Kaysi said...

I love this! This is even something that I could have my boys help me with, making up the rules. Thanks for sharing!

Tue Jan 19, 07:04:00 AM

 
Blogger Bird said...

Sooo cool!!

I am not sure with this family would follow any rules hehehe

:)

Tue Jan 19, 07:58:00 AM

 
Blogger Misty @Creative Itch said...

How fabulous!! I've seen the 'family rules' canvases floating around in blogland too. It's fun to see how you changed it up! Great job!

Tue Jan 19, 08:55:00 AM

 
Blogger Prior said...

LOVE this idea! Super Cute! Lezlee

Tue Jan 19, 09:32:00 PM

 
Anonymous Sara said...

A really wonderful idea and making the rules with older children is an even better way to help communicate the message. I love when parenting and crafting meet. all the best.
by the way, I'm having a crafting party on Sunday,(will start Sat. afternoon for you) the first one, please drop by I be honored to have you! http://www.creativejewishmom.com

Tue Jan 19, 10:30:00 PM

 
Blogger Barbara Jean said...

Tiffany,
Love the family rules! great job.

Thanks for coming by and for leaving such a sweet comment.
I do love what I do, and can see you do also.

Hope you got signed up for the giveaway!!

blessings

barbara jean

Tue Jan 19, 10:41:00 PM

 
Blogger Summer Rae said...

Love those rules! How could they not want to follow them now?

Tue Jan 19, 10:55:00 PM

 
Blogger Kim -today's creative blog said...

turned out great

Thu Jan 21, 08:15:00 PM

 
Blogger Southern Fried Gal said...

What great ideas! I think this will make cute birthday gifts, too! Thanks for the inspiration.

Fri Jan 22, 02:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

All 3 are adorable! Darling ideas.

Tue Jan 26, 07:42:00 AM

 
Blogger Brittany said...

looks great. so creative, i should try this with all the magazines & old frames i have lying around.

Wed Jan 27, 12:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Sheri@childmade.com said...

Wow! What a great idea! I don't think we spend enough time telling our children EXACTLY how well we think of them. I need to do this -- soon! Thanks for sharing! I've posted a link.

Thu Jan 28, 09:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Its So Very Cheri said...

Those are so cute. Sorry I haven't been by -been working on my big give-a-way that sttarts tonight

Cheri

Sun Jan 31, 03:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Sidnie said...

Love your rules! Wonder if I have any spare frames laying around here??
:)

Wed Feb 03, 01:40:00 AM

 
Anonymous Missy said...

Oh, I understand and sympathize with your "grumpy three year old" situation. There seems to be a whole "wrong side of the bed" theme going on in our house recently. I love the rules you made....very inspiring, thanks!!

Mon Feb 15, 03:49:00 PM

 
Blogger Tara said...

Love all of these. I posted one today but couldn't remember where I found it. Shannon at One Crafty Momma pointed me your way. So I linked your post.

Thanks! For the Wonderful ideas! I will have to make the others now too!

http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/2010/03/princess-room-decor.html

Tue Mar 16, 09:43:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home