This Page

has been moved to new address

Toot Toot Tuesday-Quiet Book Tutorial (Pages)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Toot Toot Tuesday-Quiet Book Tutorial (Pages)

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

12.29.2009

Toot Toot Tuesday-Quiet Book Tutorial (Pages)

Hi everyone! Well I didn't get anything new done yesterday, but I did finish up 2 of the 3 quiet books I've been working on. I finished up the one for my 3 year old super late Christmas Eve, (well I guess it was early Christmas day). It was worth all the late nights though.
Hands down, these are the 2 gifts that have been played with the most!
I still need to finish Porters (my one year old) but I just don't think he is going to get the same thrill out of it that my older kids do, they are both just really into pretend.
These have been perfect for them!
Sorry about the tutorial, I will describe them as best I can, but I didn't take pictures throughout the process since these were made after the kids had gone to bed for the last month while I was staying up watching movies with McDreamy. If you have questions, feel free to email me, I've got these down to a science now!



Here is the first page.
Here is the fourth and fifth pages, I also made a bear toy, but Topher wouldn't let me have it for the photo shoot.
For these pages I just folded a piece of red felt in half, and sewed the one side to the book.
I then used a piece of velcro to hold it together. For the second page I made a pouch for the toy box, and filled it with toys to either keep in the box, or wrap as a gift. The tools can be wrapped as well.

I'm not going to lie to you, these take a lot of time! The hand sewing of all these tiny little felt pieces can be tedious!
I think it would be easier if I could have done it during the day when I had spare time, rather than trying to get them done while the kids were asleep, (and I wanted to be), but it was fun to do.
I plan on finishing up Porters on the way home today. I have a 5 hour drive (in the passenger seat of course) ahead of me!

Oh and if you haven't had a chance, you need to look through yesterdays links! SUCH cute stuff! Thanks for sharing! I am loving Mondays!

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Patsy said...

This is adorable. Thanks for sharing!

Tue Dec 29, 03:28:00 AM

 
Blogger Bird said...

You are toooooo goooood!!!!!

Super creative and adorable! I also have a boy and a girl, so this idea is already in the "to do list" for future xmases? They are only too little and would certainly "eat" the cookies and cupcakes. arrrgh!!!)

It does seem quite labourious, but the little treasures are worth it, huh?

Just too cute for words...Thanks again for the inspiring idea!

Tue Dec 29, 04:54:00 AM

 
Blogger seven thirty three said...

Ooooo! Your kiddos are lucky! That is super ambitious and turned out so nicely!

Tue Dec 29, 05:08:00 AM

 
Blogger seven thirty three said...

You have been given an award over at seven thirty three - - - a creative blog!

Tue Dec 29, 06:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Joyeful said...

Now these are splendid! So much work put into them! Wow!

Tue Dec 29, 08:36:00 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

I am so glad you shared your quiet books I was hoping you'd show off all the inside pages. It came out so nicely! Great job!

Wed Dec 30, 05:43:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my Goodness! These are more than amazing! I love them! Lucky kids!!! I featured them at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com Grab my "featured" button. This will hopefully drive a little more traffic your way. You have a great blog!!!

Sat Jan 02, 09:43:00 PM

 
Blogger Kristin said...

WOW! These are the cutest quite books...what ever made you think of using potholders?

Kristin
peapodcreations.blogspot.com

Sat Jan 02, 10:32:00 PM

 
Blogger the mama monster said...

i love these quiet books. and using potholders is genius! thank you for the great ideas.

Sun Jan 03, 11:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Care said...

Wow, so cute! I especially love the tools and the superheroes.

It's so fun to see people take my ideas and run with them. You are so dedicated to sew every little piece by hand!

Fri Jan 08, 06:58:00 AM

 
Blogger Its So Very Cheri said...

What a cute little book.

Cheri

Sun Jan 10, 10:08:00 PM

 
Blogger paige said...

I just made my own Quiet book based on your amazing tutorial! I referenced your blog and posted pictures of the one I made. Thanks for the great idea!

Here's the link:
http://thecreativepaige.blogspot.com/2010/01/homemade-quiet-book.html

Mon Jan 25, 10:16:00 AM

 
Blogger Sherri @ Dude I Made It said...

I loved your quiet books! I used your binding idea to make one of my own, which I've posted on my blog. A link back to you is included.
Thanks again for sharing!

http://dudeimadeit.blogspot.com/2010/01/quiet-book.html

Mon Jan 25, 04:02:00 PM

 
Blogger Angie - treasuresfortots@gmail.com said...

OMGosh you made this using potholders!!!

I LOVE it!

Thu Jan 28, 07:06:00 PM

 
Blogger silly eagle books said...

That baker's book is the cutest thing ever! I am amazed that you had the patience to cut all those tiny pieces out! Awesome job.

Sat Jan 30, 05:20:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home