This Page

has been moved to new address

Three Things Thursday; Holiday Card, Candy Bar Cake and Quiet Books

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Three Things Thursday; Holiday Card, Candy Bar Cake and Quiet Books

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

12.17.2009

Three Things Thursday; Holiday Card, Candy Bar Cake and Quiet Books

Hi everyone! Are you all as crazy as I am this week? With everything from Holiday parties, playdates, school work, handmade Christmas presents, housework and making meals...does it always feel like nothing ever actually gets done?? Or is that just me?
#1
I am usually SO on top of Christmas cards, getting the pictures, getting them made, writing out a newsletter and mailing them by the first of December at the latest.
This year not so much.
I just barely ordered them, and I think the only people who will receive them will be Grandma's who absolutely need them to get through the Holiday, for everyone else...here is what you would have gotten in your mailbox if I was just a little more organized this year...
My new years resolution will be to get a bigger head start on all of this stuff next year!
#2
I am making quiet books for all three of my little ones, and have just about finished the second one. It's a ton of work, but I think they will really like them.
Get this...the pages are pot holders that I got 2 for a buck at the Dollar Store!
I saw the idea on Obsessively Stitching, and just made it my own. I just sit up after they go to bed watching Christmas movies and sew tiny little felt creations. I'll have to show you the finished products...if they ever get finished that is! : )
#3
Last year I made my mom and step dad this candy bar cake to put their gift certificate in that we got for them.
Tomorrow I will be sharing a tutorial on how to make these super fun cakes over at Good n' Crazy, oh who by the way is having a giveaway right now for a super cute and cozy pair of children's pajamas! Go over there and enter, and then come back tomorrow to see her guest post, and my tutorial ! :)
Happy Beginning of Crazy weekend before Christmas, and I hope your to do list is smaller and more manageable than mine!
Keep it cute! -Tiff

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Totally cute only there's one problem... it reminds me of a redneck wedding cake we once made for my soon to be sister in law for her bachelorette party...

totally funny made out of twinkies and ding dongs!

Yours is soooooooo much better! Yay!

Hey remember my blog is only 550 pixels wide??

Thanks so much for the shout out... I've seen a handful already, you rock!!

Thu Dec 17, 08:18:00 AM

 
Blogger Bird said...

Tiffany,

Do I need to say you're the best!!!

How cool are these books! You're blog should be called "I want to make that!"

And that cake...not at all calorific hehe But I guess it is xmas and you would have to share :(

Thu Dec 17, 09:10:00 AM

 
Blogger Jaime said...

I have had these in my favorite's box for EVER, I even bought pot holders....and still have not started on them. If I knew you were making them we could have gotten together and meshed our creative minds :)

Thu Dec 17, 02:57:00 PM

 
Blogger Genevieve said...

wow. i've been wanting to make a quiet book for my daughter but everything i've found is totally intimidating and this is just screaming my name!! will you pretty pretty please share you're finished pages?! thank you thank you!!

Fri Dec 18, 04:05:00 PM

 
Blogger Lacy said...

I love all 3 of these. What a cute idea for your holliday cards. I wanted to tell you that I am making some blocks like I saw on here. I'm excited. I'm doing 4 sets and I'm done with 2. I'll post them when I'm done and link where I got the idea. Thanks, again.

Sat Dec 19, 06:11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home