This Page

has been moved to new address

Friendly Friday-Craft Rookie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Friendly Friday-Craft Rookie

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.


Friendly Friday-Craft Rookie

Hi everyone! I have a special treat for you today!
Dani at Craft Rookie is here, showing us an adorable project!
I'm over there today, sharing a beanbag chair tutorial,
so make sure you come by and say hi!

Hey Crafting Pals! I'm so excited to be over here at Tiff's blog!!! She's a cutie and we've had fun corresponding back and forth about this blog swap. :)

Well, let me introduce myself. I am Dani (aka The Craft Rookie).

I graduated from Utah State University last December (has it been a whole year?!?!?), and since my husband is still working his way through the Electrical Engineering program (just one semester left!!!) I had to think of something to occupy my time while he does homework....and so my craft hobby was born. :) My "specialties" I guess you could say, are card-making and mod-podging. :) I'm not very good at sewing, but I have made a few things. :)

My blog is a mixture of tutorials, links to other crafty blogs, give-aways, and a collection of projects I'd like to try. I really enjoy blogging and hope you'll hop on over to
Craft Rookie and check it out!

Today I've brought you a quick idea of something I made for my mom for her birthday last week. My mom cooks a lot (she is the best cook ever, seriously!) and so she has a lot of aprons. Well, she had an apron hanger in her kitchen, but a few months ago she brushed past it with her shoulder and it fell on the tile and broke. So she has been needing a new one.
Enter: Dani.

So I looked all over town for one that I thought would work well....but I couldn't find anything I thought she would like, or that would match her kitchen (which is blue-ish). So I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I bought a blank piece of pre-cut wood from Hobby Lobby (angels sing when I walk in there, I swear.) And I bought a cute swirly hook. I also bought sparkley cardstock stickers, and blue tole paint.

Using blue scrapbook paper, mod podge, and 1-inch foam brush, I created this:And had my dad hang it in her kitchen while I distracted her.I also gave her that cute Christmas Cupcake apron. (I know, you can say it--I'm the best daughter ever.) ;)So I don't have a tutorial for this apron hanger--I'm making so many projects right now for Christmas, give-aways, etc. that I've been forgetting to take pictures in my haste to get it all done! The good news is, this apron hanger was made just like I made THESE SIGNS at this post here, so if you need a tutorial to figure out how to make this (ie you've never used Mod Podge before) you can click HERE to see how. :)

Thanks Tiff for having me! Your blog is just great!!!! :-D
Happy Holidays everyone!!!!!Photobucket



Blogger steffany said...

This is such a great idea, I am loving your blog...thanks for sharing.

Sat Dec 12, 07:49:00 AM

Blogger Kara@ Creations by Kara said...

That is the cutest apron holder! I totally need to make one! :)

Sat Dec 12, 09:13:00 AM

Blogger Bird learning to fly... said...

I found you blog via Kim's and I think you're awesome!

By the way, how do you manage crafts, kids, photography, etc, etc, etc? Have you got some little elfs helping you? Go on tell us your secret?! :)

I do NOT want to lose you, so I subscribed!

Thanks for making our world cuter

Sun Dec 13, 05:59:00 AM


Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home