This Page

has been moved to new address

Chalkboard Block & Frame

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Chalkboard Block & Frame

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

9.14.2009

Chalkboard Block & Frame

My friend Suzanne was in charge of a women's retreat this past weekend and asked if I could help her come up with some craft ideas.
So I searched around a bit, and found something similar to this.It's a chalkboard block of wood, a 2x8 cut to 12 inches.
I sanded it down and then painted the front and short sides with chalkboard paint.
Then I just modge podged a 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper around the back and over the top and bottom to make a border.
Really easy and super cute sitting in my home school corner.
My friend Rachel had the idea of writing the date on it, because she works in a school library and the kids are always asking her the date.
I loved that and thought it would be great for Bekah to start learning that as well.
Love it!
Then we took those $1 frames from Michaels and modge podged paper and embellishments on them.
I did those for girls camp, and although I really like the end result, I was having too much fun talking with my friends and didn't want to concentrate that hard on my craft so I painted it with chalkboard paint too.

I love it more than the paper ones!
I have it hanging on my wall by my desk right now, but I had the idea to put it next to our bed with a picture of Chad and I in it.
Then with chalk I could write...
Not tonight.
Maybe tonight.
Or Hey baby....
You get the idea.
Yes I share too much.
But wouldn't that be a fun (and kinda naughty) wedding gift to give?
I love gifts that are fun (and kinda naughty) and cheap to make!
For now though I just have a little message/shout out to some of my family...
These big stinkers are on a plane to Maui right now.
Sometimes it pays to still live at home with mom, or have a husband serving in the military and so you move back in with mom. (Although I'd rather have my hubby home than be in Hawaii while he's in Iraq. But if he had to be in Iraq, then I would need to be in Hawaii to take my mind off of how crazy much I missed him and all of that!).
The lucky ducks!
Meanwhile I will be putting on a pair of warm socks and drinking a mug of hot cocoa here in the definately getting to be fall weather here in Southern Oregon.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger XO said...

You are so fun...and kinda naughty...

I'd love to know the cost of that wood nativity, it's adorable and mother Vogelsberg just loves nativity sets...

Tue Sep 15, 11:27:00 AM

 
Blogger slinkycat said...

Fantastic idea, love them! x

Mon Sep 28, 02:04:00 PM

 
Blogger Lucrecia said...

Love this idea! I have some plain frames at home I was trying to decide what to do with! One will find its way into my husbands stocking!

Wed Dec 02, 01:55:00 PM

 
Blogger steffany said...

So very fun!

Thu Dec 17, 02:14:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Sun Jan 10, 10:40:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home