This Page

has been moved to new address

Sew Happy!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Sew Happy!

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

5.25.2009

Sew Happy!

Back in the good old days, they made sewing machines out of metal. They were heavy, they had their own cases, that looked like a suitcase. They were made to last forever and sew through bricks. Okay so maybe not bricks, but they could easily sew up a pair of 501's.
Guess what? The picture of that old beauty up there is now mine!
I joined freecycle awhile ago, and for the most part it's just become an annoying extra email of worthless junk every day. But this adorable girl was giving her grandmother's working sewing machine away, with it's table, instruction manual and all the accessories, (including the cutest little wooden needle holders ever!). So not only do I now own this lovely, but I got it for free! Hello, happy me! Oh and it's a Belvedere. Do you other 80's children remember Mr Belvedere? One of my fave shows as a kid. Fun flashback.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

So Cool! I have an antique too, the kind that come attached in a table, same color as yours too. I haven't used it yet, I think I am intimidated by it, you will need to show me the ropes of these oldie but goodies!
ps Your kids blogs are so cute! what a great idea. Dalyn has been "wanting my own web site" this would be a great way to do it!

Tue May 26, 06:45:00 AM

 
Blogger Julie Fox said...

Love it!

Tue May 26, 11:23:00 PM

 
Blogger Lisa C said...

Congratulations on your free sewing machine! :P I remember Mr Belvedere, I loved that show back then, but now I can't hardly remember anything about it (goes to show, that TV is worthless to young minds!)

Wed Jun 03, 05:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home