This Page

has been moved to new address

Can we Party? Yes we Can!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Can we Party? Yes we Can!

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

3.08.2009

Can we Party? Yes we Can!

Topher's birthday came and we had ourself a great little construction party with 3 of his little pals. I made this banner with chipboard, paper and wire-it turned out even better than I planned-it's super heavy duty, so it should last for a few more boy birthday's! If anyone wants me to custom make one for their kid's birthday let me know, I think I'll start selling them, it was lots of fun, (although pretty time consuming)!The table was pretty simple-along with the cake, almost embarassingly simple-but it went with the construction theme, and the boys loved it which is what really matters right? The cake was just one of Topher's dump trucks, I cleaned out the bed, laid down some parchment paper and baked a couple boxes of brownie mixes. I cut them into little squares and piled them in the back to look like dirt. I hid some gummy worms inside for the boys to find-they ate it up figuratively and literally!For the party favors, we did in several stages-when the boys came in they each got a nail belt that I sewed a piece of elastic on for a hammer to hang and then they each picked out a measuring tape to put in their belt.
Then we had a construction workers brown bag lunch-sandwiches, ding dongs, cheeto's and a juice box. They played with the train table that we had set up and just hung out.
Then we had them all build their own toolboxes. Chad cut out all the pieces and sanded them down and then they got to glue and hammer them. I was impressed at how well this activity held their attention! They loved it, even the youngest who doesn't have much of an attention span yet, sat and hammered it, until it was all done with his daddy. They all got to keep the hammer and put it in their box or their belt.
The finished project-so proud of his handiwork!Then we hit the wrecking ball piniata that I made out of paper mache, I know embarassing simple again right? Well the kids loved it-what kid doesn't like to hit something with a stick and when it breaks candy comes pouring out? Who needs anything fancier than a paper mache wrecking ball, for that purpose?Then we had present time, and he got spoiled, and loved every minute of it! He got some space books, a rubber frog, a steamroller, some sponge grow capsules, some glow sticks and an awesome erupting volcano. He was very polite and said thank you to everyone and then he gave everyone their thank you gift.They had thank you cards attached, I tried to help him write them, but he wanted to do them him self after the first one, so one is somewhat readable and then the other two are more abstract-but to me so cute! He is a pretty good little writer for a 3 year old if you ask his biast mama!This is what came in the gift bags-some tractor fruit snacks, a wrapped candybar and a screwdriver to add to their toolbox or belt. I think the boys really liked them. They felt pretty cool and not babyish at all to get their own real tools!This is the party-Paxton is mad because he wants another piniata-way too much to ask for them all to look at me and smile-classic!He had a blast with his first real birthday party-and that my friends is what I call a success!

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Fox said...

You are so stinkin creative!!! LOVE the banner!

Mon Mar 09, 12:41:00 AM

 
Blogger XO said...

Jeepers. Just looking over all your pix and birthday fun from the past week. You are simply amazing.

Mon Mar 09, 12:32:00 PM

 
Blogger suz said...

You are seriously out of control...
I may have to copy you- Ryken is 2 in May. Goes by way too fast....

Mon Mar 09, 03:06:00 PM

 
Blogger THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Tiffany- you are a genius!!! I love the cake idea and am amazed at how you made such a wonderful bday party on a budget! Such a smart gal and yeah I will probably have to copy this lol. I seriously love the cake idea:) And he is SO cute. Those truck pictures!!! WOW! He looks SOOOOO happy. I love it.

Thu Mar 12, 07:57:00 AM

 
Blogger Lisa C said...

You are freakin' amazing! The banner, the toolboxes, the dump truck birthday cake! So cool!

Mon Mar 16, 03:53:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home