This Page

has been moved to new address

Cupcake Friday-Rootbeer Floats

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Cupcake Friday-Rootbeer Floats

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.


Cupcake Friday-Rootbeer Floats

I know I have slacked off in the Cupcake Friday area, and I feel bad about it-but I'm running out of cupcakes that I want to eat. I thought I was a cupcake person-but I have found I am a boring cupcake person. I like chocolate cupcakes, white cupcakes and spice cupcakes, that's about as adventurous as I like to be with my cupcakes. Take this weeks cupcake for instance.
Rootbeer Float cupcakes.
The cupcakes were great, but I didn't want to eat the whole pan like I did with the s'more ones or the vanilla buttercream ones. But we did enjoy them and if you like rootbeer floats, you will enjoy them too.
  • 1 c Rootbeer
  • 1 t apple cider vinegar-combine these two ingredients and let stand for a few minutes
  • 3/4 c sugar
  • 1/3 c canola oil-add these two ing. and whisk until frothy
  • 1/2 t vanilla
  • 2 t rootbeer extract-integrate extracts
  • 1 1/3 c flour
  • 3/4 t baking soda
  • 1/2 t baking powder
  • pinch of salt-combine dry ing. and gently introduce to mix. Do not over mix.

Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes. (Cupcake tins should be at about 2/3 way full)

I could not find a recipe for vanilla frosting that I thought would taste enough like vanilla ice cream and finally it dawned on me to just use vanilla ice cream. I beat the ice cream until it was smooth enough to frost the cupcakes and then served. Yum.

The point to my earlier ramblings is, I am not going to do Cupcake Friday any longer-I think I will instead do Random Recipe Friday, and post a family favorite or something new we try that's yummy. I hope that no one is terribly disappointed, if so there are some fantastic cupcake blogs out there-devoted solely to cupcakes. I should know, that's where I found most of the recipes for mine!
(This recipe was from Project Cupcake)

Labels: ,


Blogger Becky said...

this recipe looks fantastic. i really love rootbeer and vanilla so naturally this cupcake would be a hit for me.

you've tried some great recipes and i'm very much impressed by those cupcake invitations!

Sat Feb 21, 10:19:00 AM


Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home