This Page

has been moved to new address

Cupcake Friday-Rootbeer Floats

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Cupcake Friday-Rootbeer Floats

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

2.20.2009

Cupcake Friday-Rootbeer Floats

I know I have slacked off in the Cupcake Friday area, and I feel bad about it-but I'm running out of cupcakes that I want to eat. I thought I was a cupcake person-but I have found I am a boring cupcake person. I like chocolate cupcakes, white cupcakes and spice cupcakes, that's about as adventurous as I like to be with my cupcakes. Take this weeks cupcake for instance.
Rootbeer Float cupcakes.
The cupcakes were great, but I didn't want to eat the whole pan like I did with the s'more ones or the vanilla buttercream ones. But we did enjoy them and if you like rootbeer floats, you will enjoy them too.
  • 1 c Rootbeer
  • 1 t apple cider vinegar-combine these two ingredients and let stand for a few minutes
  • 3/4 c sugar
  • 1/3 c canola oil-add these two ing. and whisk until frothy
  • 1/2 t vanilla
  • 2 t rootbeer extract-integrate extracts
  • 1 1/3 c flour
  • 3/4 t baking soda
  • 1/2 t baking powder
  • pinch of salt-combine dry ing. and gently introduce to mix. Do not over mix.

Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes. (Cupcake tins should be at about 2/3 way full)

I could not find a recipe for vanilla frosting that I thought would taste enough like vanilla ice cream and finally it dawned on me to just use vanilla ice cream. I beat the ice cream until it was smooth enough to frost the cupcakes and then served. Yum.

The point to my earlier ramblings is, I am not going to do Cupcake Friday any longer-I think I will instead do Random Recipe Friday, and post a family favorite or something new we try that's yummy. I hope that no one is terribly disappointed, if so there are some fantastic cupcake blogs out there-devoted solely to cupcakes. I should know, that's where I found most of the recipes for mine!
(This recipe was from Project Cupcake)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky @ Project Domestication said...

this recipe looks fantastic. i really love rootbeer and vanilla so naturally this cupcake would be a hit for me.

you've tried some great recipes and i'm very much impressed by those cupcake invitations!

Sat Feb 21, 10:19:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home