This Page

has been moved to new address

500th Post-Random Friday-Eggnests, Topher's b-day invites, Spaghetti face and a vintage freebie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: 500th Post-Random Friday-Eggnests, Topher's b-day invites, Spaghetti face and a vintage freebie

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

2.27.2009

500th Post-Random Friday-Eggnests, Topher's b-day invites, Spaghetti face and a vintage freebie

500 posts! Crazy! Since I realized I was reaching this milestone, I've looked back at my first posts and realized how awesome blogging really is. I started when Christopher was Porter's age and now Topher is almost 3. It is so great that I have all of that down and that I can look back and remember things that I wouldn't have otherwise. Hooray for blogging. I didn't know what I should post for my 500th, so I decided to post all randomness at once....

Random Friday Recipe

One of my favorite cookies are no-bake cookies-the problem is, I can eat a whole batch by myself easily. We had book club last night so I made them to bring and share.
I also had a couple bags of these in the cupboard-which when open, don't last hours in my house, but minutes.So I put them in the cookies to take away more of the temptations in the house, and the results are cute little egg nests that are perfect for little spring or Easter parties.
The recipe I'm sure you all have your own version of, but I'll share mine-
  • 3 c. oatmeal
  • 1 t. vanilla-stir the two together in a separate bowl
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1/2 c. cocoa
  • 1/2 c. butter-heat sugar, milk, cocoa and butter-stirring until just melted

Stir in hot mixture into oats and vanilla mixture and drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper, and refrigerate until cool. yummmmmm

Christopher's Birthday Invites
I made little toolbelts for the 3 little friends he's inviting-he is so excited about his party and has LOTS of input-this is his first birthday party, and although it is a little young for a birthday party-he would have been sorely disappointed after just witnessing Bekah's spectacle.
They have 4 little pockets that I sewed on the paper and tools in each, and a blue print in one pocket with the invite information-turned out cute, and Topher was beyond thrilled about it!Spaghetti Face-
I have a picture of Bekah much like this one, I can't believe how much he looks like her! He scratched his eye today, unfortunately it is not more spaghetti sauce. This kid loves to eat and can out eat his brother and sister at almost every meal.
This is the first time we let him eat spaghetti on his own and he caught right on, with the whole noodle slurping bit!
Vintage Paper Dolls
My mother in law gave me these vintage paper dolls that came from the Friend church magazine back in the 50's. There are 12 of them with matching clothes-one for each month of the year. I thought I'd share-because they are too cute to keep to myself!
One of my friends just blogged that her 6 year old got some paper dolls for her birthday and had no idea what they were!
Say what?
I say bring paper dolls back-I loved them as a kid, and my fondness for them has not changed, especially when I saw this little cutie at the top of the stack!
Meet Alice:
And here are Alice's clothes-
Enjoy!
Here's to another happy 500 posts!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Fox said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Fri Feb 27, 08:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Julie Fox said...

I want a cookie! I think the birthday invites are about the cutest thing I've ever seen, love the noodle head, hooray for 500 and I agree, bring on the paper dolls!

Fri Feb 27, 08:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

I so hate those candies because I can't stop eating them. I was just thinking less than 10 minutes ago I wonder if those are in the stores yet?

Sat Feb 28, 05:18:00 PM

 
Blogger tim and priscilla said...

i LOVE no bake cookies but i never had the recipe, now i can make them, thanks! i think the last time i ate those was in high school, my neighbor used to make them. cute pics, porter is so big and looks so different! he is totally looking like his siblings, how fun!

Sat Feb 28, 07:09:00 PM

 
Blogger A. Simpson said...

Oh my freaking-i-frickin! Your kids are so flippin cute! I love em. I wish they lived closer...you too, I suppose.
FYI: Ky's seen paper dolls, it was a partygoer. Just So's ya know.

Sat Feb 28, 08:24:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home