This Page

has been moved to new address

Are you kidding ME?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Are you kidding ME?

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

1.10.2009

Are you kidding ME?

So my mother in law is the sweetest thing you have ever met. Seriously. Her name is Mona and she works at a Wells Fargo as a teller and everyone just adores her.
Case in point-a lady was in there not long ago talking to her about a little album she was putting together, and Mona said she would love to see it. The lady happened to have an extra one in her car, so she gave it to Mona. Mona tried to pay her for it, but the woman said whe could have it for always being so nice and helping her at the bank.
Mona knew she wanted to give it to me as soon as she saw it, because it was scrapbook-ish, so the woman wrote down her blog address, so I could get some ideas for the cover. I got this in the mail today, and I opened it up and thought wow! I saw this on Lisa's blog not too long ago-I tried to win one-I really wanted one. I clearly remember the post-it was the one where she was sitting with David Archuletta's dad. I didn't win, but I was stoked to get it in the mail, then the post it note fell out.Do you see the blog address???????
I seriously wanted to cry I was so excited. Mona of course had no idea what an idol Lisa is to scrapbookers worldwide, and was shocked when I told her who she was. Mona said, "But she's so humble and dear!" I think that's why everyone adores Lisa, including me. It's not every day you get a little happy mail with something with one of your idol's own handwriting on it. I will scrap this little treasure and keep it always-and of course have some fun with the recipe book as well!

3 Comments:

Blogger suz said...

So my mom gets this and brings it home- It was sitting on the desk for a while and I would just stare at the box. My mom kept saying I'm going to give it to Tiffany- As I stared at it everyday I had no clue who she was-I kept staring at her blog address and never even went into it, but thought about it. You don't know how happy that made us that you love it!!!!!!!!!!!
We're so glad that you will do something with it. I am interested now in Lisa Bearnson. Thanks for inspiring me...
Hey how did you like the hat and gun and badge? Don't worry your little soul- all my boys got about 8 play guns. Just ask Chad-he played with them too. Boys love them....But I feel kind of like you-but what do you do. Boys will be boys...
Can't wait to see you guys- hopefully it's sooner than later..
Love lots
Suz

Sun Jan 11, 12:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Jennie Minor said...

LOVE AUNT MONA! I actually can see her if I close my eyes saying "she is so humble and dear".

Wed Jan 14, 09:50:00 PM

 
Blogger suzanne said...

Just saw that you had commented on my blog. Glad you like it. It's pretty benign but fun to jot down a thought now and then. Here is the cake recipe:
Fern's Angel Food Cake

1 cup plus 2 T. cake four - sift once
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. sugar
1 dozen egg whites (separate before starting and sprinkle salt on top)
1 1/2 t. cream of tarter
1/2 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
1 t. almond extract

Sift flour (it's already been sifted once), 3/4 c. sugar five times

Beat egg whites til foamy (apx. 1 minute)
Add cream of tarter and beat 3 minutes.
Turn mixer to medium.
Sprinkle in 1 cup sugar
Add 1 t. vanilla and 1 t. almond extract
Add flour slowly
Don't overbeat - just get flour stirred in.
Put in UNGREASED angel food cake pan. (This was hard for me and goes against everything I know about cooking. Do it!)
375 for 30 minutes
Turn upside down and cool for 1 1/2 hours. Leave it alone!
Take knife and scrape around the edges and let the cake fall out. Pull cone out.

Here is a good topping if you aren't a whipping cream lover.

4 serving size lemon instant pudding
2 cups milk.
Beat 3 -4 minutes - refrigerate.
Add 1 cup of cream before serving.

Rolls:
Frozen texas rolls.
Thaw for about 30 minutes or until just soft.

3/4 c. parmesan
2 t. garlic powder
2 T. parsley

Roll dough in melted butter then in mixture. Let rise. BAke as directed. It's really that simple.

Happy baking..........z

Thu Jan 15, 03:55:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home