This Page

has been moved to new address

Cupcake Friday-Coffe Cake & A Pumpkin Soup Recipe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Cupcake Friday-Coffe Cake & A Pumpkin Soup Recipe

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.


Cupcake Friday-Coffe Cake & A Pumpkin Soup Recipe

I LOVE Coffee cake. When I was little, I always thought it was a little naughty-because of the name, so that made it even better-kind of like when my mom would sometimes on the rare occasion let us have a little sip of the caffeinated Coke.
Anyway-I still love the stuff-and it is still a little naughty-because it's so yummy!

2 1/2 c all purpose flour-divided
1/2 c light brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon-divided
14 T unsalted butter, cut into pieces-divided
1 T Baking powder
1/2 t salt
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
2 lg eggs room temp.
1/2 tsp vanilla
Powdered sugar

First make the streussel with 1/2 c of the flour, brown sugar, 1/2 tsp of the cinnamon-
cut in 4 T of the butter with a pastry blender, (I don't have one, I need one-but I just used a potato masher and it worked just fine). Set aside.

Sift together remaining flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.

Mix sugar and butter until creamed. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add flour and milk alternately. Mix until smooth. Add in vanila.

Pour into cupcake liners 2/3 way full and then sprinkle streussel evenly on them.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Let cool a little before dusting with powdered sugar.
Eat, and feel a little naughty!
I am also going to share my very own Pumpkin Curry recipe, you could still use it for Thanksgiving as like an appetizer soup. It's yummy!

1 lg. can of pumpkin
2 cans of chicken broth
4 tsp curry powder
2 dashes tumeric
2 dashes nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cube butter
1/2 c sugar

Whisk ingredients over medium heat until all smooth and hot. You can serve over rice for a more filling soup-we just sprinkled some parmesean cheese on top and a spoonful of sour cream-yumm-o!

Labels: ,


Blogger Marque and Sarah said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........Now I am hungry!

Sun Nov 02, 03:10:00 PM

Blogger Jessyquita said...

first of all, you got me with those yummy looking coffee cake mufins! then i saw that soup, you know how much I love pumpkin!!! thanks for these recipes. did you know that IHOP has coffee cake pancakes right now! haha

Sun Nov 02, 05:23:00 PM

Blogger Julie Smith said...

I'm SOOOO hungry right now!

Mon Nov 03, 04:10:00 PM


Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home