This Page

has been moved to new address

Big Boy!?!???

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Big Boy!?!???

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

7.28.2008

Big Boy!?!???

Oh the pictures I have of this kid to show future girlfriends! How cute is this kid! (It is a statement not a question).While in the hospital, Christopher came to visit us-and out of nowhere said he had to go potty. He took off his shorts, started ripping off his diaper and walked into the bathroom. Chad went in and put him on the potty-
and much to
both of our surprise
he went
#1 and
#2!

Exciting stuff for parents-especially parents who just had a new baby, who just sentenced themselves to at least 2 more years of diaper purchases and changes!
Ever since we have been trying to get Topher to repeat this miraculous event with no luck.
He'll sit on it all day, read books-whatever-but with no "prize in the pot", if you know what I mean.
We have bribed with a big bag of chocolate with his name on it-taken him to the store and let him pick out a new train engine for when he doesn't wear diapers, showed him the wide array of big boy underwear he will get to pick from etc...but still nothing! He is all excited about the concept of it all-but with no luck.
Today we bought him some Diego underpants, hoping to just get it done this week and he has been proudly sporting them all day.
Let's just say he spent most of the day on the potty, with like 10-15 minute breaks in between in which time he has managed to ummm 'mess up' each and every pair in that pack.

He is now back in a diaper while I wash all of his new underwear for another try tomorrow. Any tips? Chrystal-you're the expert on this right?

Oh and everyone keep leaving comments on the chick flick post-I am getting a good list of movies I have forgotten about and ones I have never seen! Thanks everyone for the great ideas-I am going to need them now that Chad is working overnights!

7 Comments:

Blogger Tricia said...

The joy of children... I have only heard stories, but am grateful that I don't have to wash a load of "dirty undies" today. And unfortunately for you, I have no idea how to get your little guy to "go" on the pot and not in the pants...
And on a side note - I am amazed at your diligence in posting... I don't have any kids and I can't seem to get myself to do it... I've never been good at journaling either. I am glad to have caught up on all your blogs and think you have a cute little family!

Tue Jul 29, 01:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Julie Fox said...

I'm just so happy that all that is behind me. I do believe that four of my happiest days were the ones when each of my kids said, "I can wipe my own butt"! This to shall pass :-)

Tue Jul 29, 01:36:00 PM

 
Blogger tim and priscilla said...

so, i have zero experience, but my friend bought the book 'how to potty train in one day' and she said it worked. from what i hear, the book was written to train kids with down syndrome.
there is also a potty that plays different music depending on whether they go #1 or #2.
all the input i can give.

Wed Jul 30, 08:49:00 AM

 
Blogger Lisa C said...

All I can say is that I'm glad I'm going to avoid all this crazy potty training stuff. People think I'm crazy when I say my kid will be potty trained by the time he is one, but I'm so serious. He already knows how to go in the potty--I just need to recognize his cues that he needs to go! (which I'm getting better at)

Anyway, good luck. If he did it once, he should be able to do it again!

Sat Aug 02, 09:23:00 PM

 
Blogger John and Jada McFarlane said...

Ya you are right, he is pretty cute! I love the little boy underwear. I am such a slacker lately with posting, and checking other peoples blogs. Anyways your new baby is so cute and I can't believe he came so early! Congrats!

Sun Aug 03, 08:03:00 AM

 
Blogger Steven and Tanesha said...

Tiff your blogs is so cute! I can't believe how often you update it, you put everyone else to shame! You have such an adorable family. Congrats on the new baby.

Mon Aug 04, 07:25:00 AM

 
Blogger A. Simpson said...

Okay hereya go, these are my tips. They must be followed exactly otherwise you'll just be back to square one... (really)
1)Do NOT use pull ups-they are too diaper like
2) start potty training on a week you have absolutely nowhere to go (this ones a toughie but hear me out-this one needs to be done because...)
3) take them EVERY halfhour whether they say they need to or not)
Yes you'll have fighting, yes accidents will be aplenty, yes, crying will happen -possibly even from Topher :)but it is SOOOOO worth it to have them outta diapers!
Good luck. Hopefully I don't sound like a potty training nazi...

Wed Aug 06, 06:24:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home