This Page

has been moved to new address

Make-Up Magnet Board Tutorial by Laura @ LauraThoughts

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Make-Up Magnet Board Tutorial by Laura @ LauraThoughts

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

6.03.2011

Make-Up Magnet Board Tutorial by Laura @ LauraThoughts

Friendly Friday here again, time to make a new friend and marvel at her cuteness, I saw this tutorial awhile back on her blog, and was excited that she wanted to share it here...so original and cute!-Tiff

Hi, I'm Laura and I blog over at LauraThoughts, We all know with craft blogs that original ideas are often hard to come by, we find ideas we love and make them our own but we didn't come up with the idea ourselves. I feel like I've finally done something original here and I'm excited to share it with all of you.

I'll show you the finished product and then explain.

Behold my Make-up Magnet Board.




I have a friend who is beautiful and stylish and has always loved make-up but recently took a course that intensified her love. Her renewed interest has worn off on me and it made me remember eye shadows I'd hidden away that were gathering dust. I pulled them all out and was shocked at just how many I had. My old make-up organization/storage consists of a basket that sits on my bathroom counter, I put all my hair stuff and make-up stuff in the basket and used maybe 3 shadows in my daily rotation. With the addition of my pile of eye shadows it now looked like this.


The basket was a mess and I was overwhelmed with all my choices never knowing what to use, digging through to see what I had and find what I wanted was a pain. I needed a way to display them all and my brilliant mother and I came up with this idea.


I started by making a magnet board, (nothing original here), I used this super ugly frame I found at Salvation Army.


I painted it (The hard way, with a brush instead of spray paint. I look forward to spring when the weather lets me spray paint again.) and then glazed it.

I went to the hardware store and picked up some metal and had them cut it to fit inside my frame. Then I used spray adhesive to stick some fabric to the metal. I put it all back together and it looked like this.


Here comes the brilliant part though.

Here's the stash of eye shadows we're talking about (I've even added a couple since this picture).



I went to the dollar store and picked up a bunch of magnets and hot glued one to the back of each shadow (I actually needed 3 magnets for my bronzer). I considered using a stronger glue but when the makeup is empty I want to be able to peel the magnet off, hot glue lets me do that and it's held up really well.



Next I wanted a place to store my brushes and liners though. An orange pill container with some oil rubbed bronze spray paint made it beautiful and 3 extra strong magnets glued on the back holds nice and secure.











Now it hangs in my bathroom wall and every morning I'm excited to play with my different make-up. It feels sort of like art and an expression of me.

If you like this idea then feel free to stop over and check out some of my other favorite projects, they include Faux Chenille Blankets, Stroller Re-cover's, High Chair Re-Cover's and more.


Thanks Laura for keeping the world so cute and for this fantastic idea!
If you would like to share a tutorial on a Friendly Friday please contact me!

Check out these cute sites to make your world cuter!
Save up to 50% off Mother's Day Gift Guide! Homepage 2 120x60 M&D Free Shipping Dresses from Shabby Apple GlassesUSA 70% off retail prices

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home