This Page

has been moved to new address

Better Together Tutorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Better Together Tutorial

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

5.10.2011

Better Together Tutorial

I love to doodle and draw and one day I was sitting at my desk editing pictures...and I got a little sidetracked with my Sharpie. :)

I drew out a little family photo with each of us holding or doing something that we like. (Don't mind my extra arm, I'll fix that).
Well I liked it a lot...I mean I am having a great hair day and my waist has never looked better! I decided this little doodle was not going to finish its life in the recycle bin.

So I scanned it in...
And opened in Photoshop. Any old photo editing software would do though!
I changed the backdrop to yellow and found a couple fonts I liked and wrote the words 'Better Together'. I added a stroke effect to both words until I liked it and voila!
After I saved that version, I went in and colored it just for fun, saved it and made it my desktop background.
What did I do with the yellow? Well Canvas People was and still is offering a free 8x10 on canvas, so I uploaded it, and upgraded to an 11x14 since it was such a good deal!
(I don't know how long the deal is going on, so you might want to jump on it!)

So dang cute!
A family picture that shows our personalities and I didn't even have to listen to my husbands audible eye roll about getting pictures taken...again...
You should make one, you will love it! I'm going to hang mine in my dining room...I am in the process of making over my table and chairs and this will look great above it!

Sharing with Today's Creative Blog & some of these other GREAT Linky Parties.

Check out these cute sites to make your world cuter!
Save up to 50% off Mother's Day Gift Guide! Homepage 2 120x60 M&D Free Shipping GlassesUSA 70% off retail prices


EDIT: I've had some people ask...so...If you can't draw a stick figure and would like me to doodle you out a family picture like this with your own family figures-I'll do it for $20. I'll scan it in to Photoshop and color the background whatever color you would like and then send you the file to put on your own canvas, and do whatever else you would like with it. I think I'll be adding mine to the top of my family blog...if I ever have a second to play with that blog. :) If you purchase, then I will send you an email for the details of your family that you want drawn. Thanks!







Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home