This Page

has been moved to new address

Toot Toot Tuesday-Baby Bibs with Creation Corner

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Toot Toot Tuesday-Baby Bibs with Creation Corner

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

9.07.2010

Toot Toot Tuesday-Baby Bibs with Creation Corner

I am on Maternity Leave from September 4th-October 12th: This post was contributed by Tasha at Creation Corner.

Hello. I am Tasha from over at Creation Corner. I started my blog as a place to put my crafts, and eventually started adding many of the projects I want to do as well. I hope you will come by and check it out. I would love to meet you.
I love to do handmade gifts and baby presents are no exception. Today, I will be sharing a tutorial on how to make cute baby bibs just like the ones I gave away during Tiffany's Baby Shower Giveaway. Yep, I am sharing my bib secrets with you. I figured since I am here while Tiffany is cuddling a new baby I would host a tutorial on a baby item. These really are a staple baby present I give.
Baby Bib Tutorial
May 2010 408
Gather your materials:
Front and back fabric
An old favorite bib
Pins
Thread
Sewing machine
Sew on Velcro
May 2010 409
1. Take the bib and fold it in half. Take your front fabric and fold it down enough for the folded bib to fit on. Make sure the edge of the folded bib is on the edge of the folded fabric.
May 2010 415
2. Cut out the fabric about a 1/2 inch larger then the bib. Make sure to cut out around the neck too. I hadn't done that when I took the picture. But, you need to do it around the whole bib.
May 2010 416
3. Then take the bib you have just cut out and use as your pattern for the backing fabric. This one you will cut out the exact same size as the bib you are using. I like to use flannel most of the time. It is absorbent and that is nice with a baby.
May 2010 419
4. Here is what your two pieces should look like.
May 2010 422
5. Now lay the two pieces on top of each other with right sides together.
May 2010 424
6. Pin them together.
May 2010 428
7. Sew around the whole bib leaving a 2 inch opening at the bottom.
May 2010 429
8. Here is my opening at the bottom of the bib. It needs to be big enough you can turn your bib right side out.
May 2010 431
9. Take your scissors and make small clippings anywhere your sewing is curved. This helps to not have your bib pucker when you turn it right side out.
May 2010 435
10. Turn it right side out. I often use a chop stick to push my corners and edges out nice and smooth.
May 2010 438
11. Iron it flat. Make sure to turn in the area you left open at the bottom to match the rest of the bib.
May 2010 445
12. Stitch on the outside now. You want the stitching close enough to stitch down your hole at the bottom, but not right on the edge.
May 2010 447
13. Iron it flat again.
May 2010 450
14. Cut small pieces of sew on Velcro. Sew on one piece to each side of the bib up at the top. If you have snaps you can also use those.
May 2010 451
(the back side with the Velcro)
May 2010 455
There you have it. There are many options with these bibs. Iron something on, added a few fabric flowers, or sew on some strips to the front.
Creation Corner 2010 011
Boy ones
April 2010 297
Or Girl ones.
I hope to meet some of you over at my blog, Creation Corner. I also have an etsy shop called My Creation Corner where I sale hair accessories. Thank you Tiffany for letting me share today.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Page said...

I don't even have a baby and I want to make these. Ha!

Tue Sep 07, 07:29:00 AM

 
Blogger Politics Sam said...

Those are cute. Sending this to the wife, she's looking a project like this.

Best place to find the sewon velcro Here

Tue Sep 07, 09:15:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home