This Page

has been moved to new address

Making the World Cuter with My Insanity.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Making the World Cuter with My Insanity.

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

9.10.2010

Making the World Cuter with My Insanity.

I am on Maternity Leave from September 4th-October 12th: This post was contributed by Kendra, blogger at My Insanity.

Greetings to all of you "cute" people! (You are here making the world "cuter," after all).

My name is Kendra and I have a kinda-crazy blog called "My Insanity." I'm thrilled to help out Tiffany while she is taking some time off with her baby and to introduce myself to her very cute readers! My son is just 4 mos. old, so I have a pretty good idea of what she is doing about now!

I blog about all of the creative projects I get myself into that keep our lives fairly crazy. There are lots of ideas on my blog about parties, holidays, crafts, home decor, and much more! Since I am the mother of 4 young children with a limited budget, most of my ideas are kid and budget-friendly. I'm in the middle of prepping for 3 parties, preparing for the upcoming holiday season, and trying to finish all of the almost-done decorating projects around my house. I'd love to have you along for the ride!

I thought it appropriate that I show you something cute today!





This used to be an old, worn-out bulletin board handed down to us from my in-laws. It was not cute. The cork was not in good enough shape to paint or anything like that. It needed to be covered or discarded.





Quite some time ago on my blog, I shared that I was going to decorate my loft in a Dick & Jane theme. I even gave a sneak peek here, but have never been able to show the whole thing yet. Because, between me having my office/craft area there, and the kids having their play area there, it is never clean! It will be, though! I will finish the undone projects in there, and get it all organized, and blog it. Just give me time (babies, parties, blogging and all can be quite distracting). Anyway, that is why (Dick & Jane) I used this fun fabric that was left over from the reading chair my mom made and attached the chipboard letters that say "look."





A few weeks ago, I blogged about this bulletin board for my daughter's almost-finished, not-yet-blogged about bedroom. (Hmm...I'm sensing a pattern here). I got a few questions about how I did it and since we tried a few different things on both of these, and my mom helped me finish them up, I'm not exactly sure what methods we ended up using, but I'm going to take a guess.


On the purple board, I believe we used a spray adhesive and were able to tuck the edges of the fabric under the frame with a blunt edge. The trim is glued on. The frame on the Dick and Jane board was flimsy and wasn't holding the fabric, so we stapled the fabric up to the edge and covered the staples with a cute cording my mom sewed using a small amount of another fabric from the Dick & Jane line that is going elsewhere in the loft. If you look closely, you will see that we pieced together the red fabric that is in the background, and the ribbon and buttons are covering up the rough edge of the yellow fabric. This is called not spending anymore money than you absolutely must on a project! The ribbons were the most expensive things on either board, I think. Both frames got a new coat of off-white paint. And both frames still function beautifully as bulletin boards.

So what about you? Have you got an ugly bulletin board that you could make cuter?


Thanks, Tiffany, for the opportunity to guest blog, and enjoy your little one! They get big so fast!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie@a mom, a wife, and a me said...

i love that fabric and it makes for a much-cuter-then-cork-board look, guess what I will be doing today? Thanks for the inspiration!

Fri Sep 10, 07:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Your Artistic View said...

what great Ideas, I have made a couple bulletin boards simply by painting them. I love mine, but I want to try this as well!!! :)

THANKS!

Fri Sep 10, 08:05:00 AM

 
Blogger Salsa Mama said...

Sweet! I just posted a comment on your Insanity blog, but will put one here too. Here's a link to a board I recently made. http://theanticsofus.blogspot.com/2010/09/message-board.html

Thanks for great ideas!

Fri Sep 10, 09:55:00 AM

 
Blogger Envymycooking said...

Cute blog we just found it! loving it. for new recipes or if you want to share your own come visit us

Fri Sep 10, 06:08:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home