This Page

has been moved to new address

Toot Toot Tuesday-EZ Lap Desks

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Toot Toot Tuesday-EZ Lap Desks

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

8.24.2010

Toot Toot Tuesday-EZ Lap Desks

I didn't get to making what I wanted to this week yet, so I'll show you something we made last year for our little home-school/pre-school group.
All of the kids got pieces of just some MDF cut to about 11x16-or somewhere in that vicinity.
Then we all just did what we wanted with them, to decorate, so that all the kids had little lap desks to bring with them to which ever house was hosting that week.
It worked out great, and my kids still use theirs all the time.
They are great for coloring when they are sitting on the floor, or doing little worksheets while laying on their stomachs.
I of course pulled out the old chalkboard paint to make my kids' even that much more useful, and my kids love to use them to play school with.
I painted on their names with good old craft paint and mod-podged some stickers on (the red sticker up the side is a ruler).
Easy!
Some of the other moms let their kids put their hand prints on them, scrapbook paper on them, painted the whole thing, let their kids decorate them...they were all different, but the kids all loved them!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is a totally cute idea!

Tue Aug 24, 05:11:00 AM

 
Blogger seven thirty three said...

My aunt made me a lapdesk when I was younger. She added a fabric "pillow" to the back that was tacked onto the board with upholstery tacks. I STILL have it and my daughter uses it now. :)

Tue Aug 24, 05:26:00 AM

 
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I really need to make one of these for my daughter!

Tue Aug 24, 08:54:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This could be a really great gift to ease a child worried about starting school. I like the chalk board paint idea, that could really come in handy if a child wants to do some quick math and is short on scrap paper. You can also add some kind of box for supplies to be kept in.

Sat Aug 28, 07:12:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home