This Page

has been moved to new address

Woohoo Wednesday-Monster Cookies! Yum!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Woohoo Wednesday-Monster Cookies! Yum!

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

7.07.2010

Woohoo Wednesday-Monster Cookies! Yum!


While visiting my mom in Portland, I went to her church, and the Sunday school teacher brought these delicious, bigger than my head, cookies for Fathers day for everyone...my kind of teacher.

They are the softest, chewiest, one of the yummiest cookies I have ever had in my mouth.

I of course had to attain the recipe-then after I got it, I had to modify it, since it called for 12 eggs! I divided it in half, and trust me, you could divide it in half again and still have enough cookies for a very large family to each have several.

I also substituted the corn syrup for honey, because I didn't have any corn syrup...and they tasted just as delish, plus isn't honey a healthy ingredient?

That's what I thought.

Here is the yummy Monster Cookie Recipe;
  • 2 sticks butter
  • 3 cups peanut butter
  • 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 T. honey-or corn syrup if you so choose
  • 1/2 T. vanilla
  • 4 tsp. baking soda
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/2 bag of chocolate chips (I put the whole bag in, and the chocolate was just too much, they kind of sink to the bottom and make a chocolate-y mess all over your fingers...of course is that really a bad thing?)
  • 1/2 large bag of M&M's (about 8oz of candy)
  • 9 cups oatmeal
Yes-these are monstrous!

To make the cookies:
  1. Mix butters and sugars until fluffy
  2. Add vanilla, soda, eggs and honey-mix well.
  3. Mix together oatmeal, m&m's, and chocolate chips in a separate bowl
  4. Add oatmeal mix to wet ingredients one cup at a time and mix until all combined (when making the doubled recipe, the guy who made them said he had to do this part on the counter because he didn't have a bowl big enough!)
  5. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes before baking-dough will be sticky, and this step is important (the dough also freezes very well, so if you just have too much, don't forget that!)
  6. Using a large spoon, put no more than 6 big spoonfuls of dough on the cookie sheet, you want these to be big hearty cookies, (the guy at church never puts more than 2 on a sheet, I was serious when I said bigger than my head!)
  7. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-14 minutes (check after 10, when the edges are brown, and the rest still look gooey, they are done).
  8. Let cool on pan for at least 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack or your mouth.
I am making a big batch up to bring camping with us tomorrow, they are filling, chewy and just seemed like a good food to have out in nature, don't you think?

Todays post brought to you by the cute Sophie Laree, who has the cutest little flower clips, bobby pins and headbands out there! Stop by and see for yourself!


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lessons Learned said...

i've made these before but instead of eggs use applesauce and they are egg and wheat free and JUST AS delicious. trust me!!!!

Wed Jul 07, 01:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Lindsay said...

I got my Monster Cookie recipe from an Amish cookbook- I think they invented them. LOL! So I always have to cut the recipes in half or more! But, MmmMmmMmm! I think these have everything you could ask for in a cookie!

Wed Jul 07, 09:17:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Those look yummy and about the right size for my hubby ;)

Wed Jul 07, 02:20:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yumm!!

I just chose you for an award check it out here:

http://kristensjunkdrawer.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-received-award.html

Wed Jul 07, 02:41:00 PM

 
Blogger Honey I'm Home Blog said...

I will confess I am a cookie monster and this recipe looks extremely yummy.
Thanks for sharing!

Warmly, Michelle

Tue Jul 13, 07:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home