This Page

has been moved to new address

Woo-Hoo Wednesday-Peanut Lime Satay Chicken

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Woo-Hoo Wednesday-Peanut Lime Satay Chicken

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

7.14.2010

Woo-Hoo Wednesday-Peanut Lime Satay Chicken

My friend Summer posted this awhile back and ....Yumm-o.
Peanut butter, lime, cilantro, garlic-be still my heart!
Here is the yummy yummy recipe, I served it with rice a green salad with sesame ginger dressing. Very very tasty.

  • 1/3 c. soy sauce
  • 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
  • 2 t. lime zest
  • 1/4 c. lime juice (I found that my lime that I 'zested' produced just a little more than a 1/4 c., so really you just need one lime).
  • 3 garlic cloves, pressed (I added about 5-more is better is what I always say)
  • 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used chicken tenders, it's easier to cut them into bite size pieces I find, and less cutting off all the white stringy stuff)
  • 1/3 c. creamy peanut butter
  • 1 T. snipped fresh cilantro (I might have added an extra tablespoon of this too, sue me)

In bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, lime zest and lime juice. Press garlic into soy sauce mixture.

Reserve 1/3 c. soy sauce mixture for peanut dipping sauce and set aside.

Add chicken to remaining soy sauce mixture, (I cut the chicken into bite size pieces for easier eating for my kids, and who I am I kidding I feel like I am eating more if they are all cut up into bite size pieces, so really it's all for my selfish piggy wants)

Cover. Refridgerate for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400. Bake chicken 18-20 minutes.(I put mine on foil on a cookie sheet for easy clean up)

Add peanut butter and cilantro to reserved soy sauce mixture.

Whisk until smooth. Serve with chicken. (And your fingers)

Recipe by Summer Andrus

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh wow! That looks really, really good!

Wed Jul 14, 06:15:00 AM

 
Blogger Amy Walker said...

oh my. printing right now!

Wed Jul 14, 07:33:00 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

I think you just saved tonight's dinner plans! I couldn't think of anything new to do with chicken, and was about to give up and just serve mac-n-cheese from the box. This looks so so so much better :)

Wed Jul 14, 01:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

YUM! I am going to have to try this out!!

Wed Jul 14, 02:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Shelayna said...

That looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Wed Jul 14, 11:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Such lovely fresh flavours - I'm definitely going to give this a try.

Thu Jul 15, 03:06:00 AM

 
Blogger Kara said...

This looks sooooo good. It's going into my "to try" file! :)

Thu Jul 15, 10:04:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home