This Page

has been moved to new address

Woo-Hoo Wednesday-Kid made Ice Cream

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Woo-Hoo Wednesday-Kid made Ice Cream

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

6.16.2010

Woo-Hoo Wednesday-Kid made Ice Cream

First thing- I want everyone to say hi to my newest sponsor; Bobbie at A Vision to Remember, I'm sure most of you know her from blogging over at I am only 1 Woman. She makes incredible rag quilts and car seat tents, and even sells her tutorials so you can make your own. I fully intend on making this baby a car seat tent before he comes in September with her pattern!

So if you want to go see some really cute stuff, and who doesn't? Pop on over and visit her Etsy Shop or Blog.

a visionto remember blog button
Now onto the recipe for today. I made this ice cream for the first time in high school, and remember having a lot of fun with it.
My kids have since found extreme joy in rolling the can back and forth to get delicious creamy ice cream as a reward.
Here is what you will need:

  • 2 cans of different sizes, one large, one small with tight fitting lids, (we used a hot chocolate can and a formula can-a #10 can would have worked better for the bigger can-and if you drink coffee-the best sizes are a 1 lb can and a 3 lb can).
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1 c. heavy whipping cream
  • 1/3 c. sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • crushed ice
  • rock salt
  • optional add ins (fruit, candy, chocolate-use your imagination!)
  1. In the smaller can, pour milk, cream, sugar and vanilla (and optional add-ins). Put the lid on tight.
  2. Place smaller can inside larger can and pack with ice. Sprinkle with a good dose of rock salt.
  3. Then roll can, back and forth for about 10 minutes. (This is a great job for kids)
  4. Dump the water and what's left of the ice
  5. Open the smaller can, scrape the sides and close it back up.
  6. Repeat ice and rock salt and roll it again! For about 5 minutes this time.
  7. Open smaller can and serve-it should be about milkshake consistency.

Yield: 3 cups of delicious ice cream

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Anne said...

Yum and super easy, not to mention fun for the kids. My neighbor gave me a soft serve ice cream maker for my birthday back in January. I've yet to use, I need to use it. You've inspired me. lol

Wed Jun 16, 12:05:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

We did something similar using quart size and gallon size ziploc bags and used chocolate milk as our only ingredient to make chocolate ice cream. My kids loved shaking the bags. we used oven mits because they got really cold!

Wed Jun 16, 12:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Mamarazzi said...

one of my fave summer activities and treats!!

Thu Jun 17, 02:36:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This reminds me of the days when I used to have the boys make butter by shaking the jar. How fun that they enjoy this and what a great reward they get when they are done!

Thu Jun 17, 06:08:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home